Anyone ever used under the desk elliptical?

mute
on 1/25/16 4:51 am, edited 1/25/16 6:02 am
RNY on 03/23/15

I have a desk job and I also do editing so I'm sitting all of the time. I've been looking at under the desk ellipticals since I had the surgery 10 months ago. I know obviously they're not as good as actual elliptic other full exercise but I wanted to know if there was anyone with real life experience with them?

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

Kamera ...
on 1/25/16 5:57 am

I have one, I love it and use it daily!

I did run into a minor issue at first that I was able to rectify. Before I ordered I had measured under my desk and selected one that seemed like it should fit properly under my desk - one with a low height. Unfortunately, when I got it and put it under my desk, I kept slightly knocking my knees on my desk. I ended up adjusting my chair height and that has helped but I could see how this could be an issue for people if they have no chair or desk adjustment room. Ideally my desk should be a bit higher to compensate, that's a future project!

mute
on 1/25/16 7:12 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Hmmm, I'm really considering getting one. I think it would be great but I keep hearing such mixed info. 

SkinnyScientist
on 1/25/16 8:38 am

Do you really think it helped you lose weight, stay in shape, or just stay toned. How did you feel pre-buying one versus two months after. did you legs get more toned.

Inquiring minds (SKINNY's) wants to know!!!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Kamera ...
on 1/25/16 2:31 pm

Hi Skinny, I've had mine since Dec 2014. I also use a treadmill and recumbent bike when I'm not working. I bought this in particular because I'm often at my desk 12 hours a day and I need the additional activity to help improve blood and lymphatic flow, every little bit helps me. Based on my work schedule and health goals, I'm very happy that I'm using it and yes, I have noticed a positive difference in my legs and my motivation level. 

SkinnyScientist
on 1/25/16 8:36 am

I dnt have one. I have a crazy desk job too. Tell me how this goes after TWO months of having one!  SKINNY WANTS TO KNOW!!!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/25/16 8:55 am
RNY on 12/31/13

No, but I do use a treadmill desk.  I love it.  I also have under the desk bicycle pedals.  They are okay.  I use them when I sit on my couch and watch tv.

I think anything that adds activity to an otherwise sedentary existence is good for our health.   Let me know if you get one and if you like it.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

mute
on 1/26/16 8:34 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Well DH and I discussed it and he was on board right away since it was for my health and I have 14 days to return it. So I ordered it this morning. Hoping I like it and use it because I will have NO excuse now!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/26/16 8:37 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Can't wait to hear how it works!!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

mute
on 1/25/16 10:15 am
RNY on 03/23/15

The one I'm looking at is expensive but it's expensive because it's supposed to be a better design to not have your knee**** your desk when you use it. I may ask for it for my birthday and ask for it early - Jane my mom and my husband go in together.