The "net carb" BS

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/25/16 8:52 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I agree completely and for similar reasons.  I test my blood sugar post-prandially for all new foods -- and I have found exactly the same reactions.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

zann50
on 1/25/16 3:56 pm

For me, the "Mac-daddy" of low carb eating was Dr. Robert Akins circa 1972 with the original "Dr. Atkins'Diet Revolution".  Sitting with my weathered copy now...this edition is not the watered down low-carb that became the craze when all physicians became fear-filled of ketosis.  They frightened all of us into eating low fat....and a lot of us became SMO following that craze!!

I know this edition cover to cover.  No where does he ever make mention of "net-carbs".  A carb is a carb.  Count them, some much healthier than others.  

NYMom222
on 1/26/16 9:27 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I so remember the original version... my Dad thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. :) He bought a stack of hardcover copies of it and gave them to everyone he knew.... I'm sure that was very endearing...LOL.

Those were the days, I remember snacks after school in those days we used to cook a few slices of bacon in our newfangled microwave and then melt Munster cheese on it. yummmmm....

From all my WW training even with points they wouldn't let you count more than 4g fiber no matter how much it said it had....some fiber is good, but like with quest bars the carbs don't just magically disappear because it has lots of fiber.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save