Laparoscopy decision...

L. 68
on 1/22/16 6:58 pm

Corey's Mom,

You have to be more detailed about what u are requesting or seeking for.  Ask the same questions the same way you did to OH family and you might just laugh too!..  I cant speak for anyone else but when i explain something or read something that needs answers it has to be detailed.  Please we are all here to help.   All i can answer (my opinion ) to your questions is that "thank God for Lap"s )  Lap is to me so less risky than having it the traditional way cutting your body from the right side to the left or from top to bottom literally.  So whatever you are trying or need to do (in my opinion) do it lap.

Rblain

k9ophile
on 1/23/16 1:40 pm

I was having severe abdominal pain and underwent a diagnostic lap. They weren't looking for anything specific to rule out or confirm anything. They did find a problem and recommended a treatment.

It's always wise to think about any suggested surgery. But I don't understand why people are needing more specific reasons for why it may be done; that's why it's called diagnostic. If they find anything, they may be able to take care of it during the diagnostic procedure. Or the findings may call for something more invasive. Make sure you understand and consent to converting the lap to an open procedure before you do anything. 

hollykim
on 1/23/16 1:53 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 23, 2016 at 9:40 PM Pacific Time, k9ophile wrote:

I was having severe abdominal pain and underwent a diagnostic lap. They weren't looking for anything specific to rule out or confirm anything. They did find a problem and recommended a treatment.

It's always wise to think about any suggested surgery. But I don't understand why people are needing more specific reasons for why it may be done; that's why it's called diagnostic. If they find anything, they may be able to take care of it during the diagnostic procedure. Or the findings may call for something more invasive. Make sure you understand and consent to converting the lap to an open procedure before you do anything. 

the original post said NOTHING about diagnostic. 

coreysmom
on 1/23/16 5:08 pm - Indianapolis, IN

I CLARIFIED my question two days ago by adding that it is a DIAGNOSTIC lap...I forgot to add the word. I am having upper abdomen distention as well as loud gurgling stomach sounds. Slight nausea upper right quadrant and lower pelvic pain; none of which ar considered by me to be debilitating but with all of the horror stories, it's become scary. OB exam and ovaries were fine. CT scan and nothing of note. Before agreeing to the DIAGNOSTIC lap I will be doing a barium swallow ct......