My Consultation Went Great

MissB7
on 1/21/16 11:11 am

I had my Consultation appointment today and I think it went great. After taking all of my information and previous attempts. The PA said that I am a Good Candidate for WLS. ? That makes me happy. She said that I have to do a 6 month physician monitored weightloss program. I have to see the Bariatric Nutritionist 3 times and A Psychological Evaluation as well as have Labs done. I can not gain any weight or they will cancel the surgery. I have Medicare parts A B so I hope all goes well and I get through this and have the surgery. Does anyone else have Medicare and how was your process. Thanks again in advance for your support and help.

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/16 11:23 am - CA

So happy your consultation went well.   Sounds like you are right on track.  I don't have Medicare, but I have worked in the insurance industry for over 20 years and Medicare does not have an approval process, so as long as your surgeon deems your surgery medically necessary and you meet the program guidelines (nut and psy eval and don't gain weight) you should have surgery.    

Good Luck!  

Nik

MissB7
on 1/21/16 12:52 pm

Thank you so much Nik