Surgery was NOT a cure!

Ashley in Belgium
on 1/20/16 1:18 pm - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

A perfectly sparkley post Julie.  Even when you are struggling you make others smile, relfect and giggle out loud.  That is some skill my dear.

Be kind to yourself, but not so much that you eat yourself into a coma.  You've got so much going on that it is easy to put yourself last on the list.  I hope your back to work transistion is smooth for all three of you.  I'll be swinging poultry for you on the first. 

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/20/16 2:23 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Aww, thanks 

I'm not too worried about the family side of the transition. We've been set up with daycare for ages, its a great place, and I'm thinking of it as "he gets to go to school" rather than "somebody else is going to be his mommy."

The office on the other hand... I'm a manager and I have no idea what the department will look like when I get back. But I still have a week and a half for them to get their **** together before my return ;)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Tracy D.
on 1/20/16 1:39 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Thanks, Julie, for your honesty about this ongoing struggle.  Because it is a struggle.  I'm dealing with regain too and all the issues you've posted about...but I don't even have a pregnancy or cute little baby (unless you consider this extra 10 lbs. my carb-baby) to point to as a reason for letting my mind and body get off track.  

Thanks for the reminder that it's never too late to get back on track - and we all know how to do it.  Back to basics!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

NYMom222
on 1/20/16 2:12 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Thanks for sharing Julie... I need constant reminders.... Not cured. I have been speaking to myself this week about it. SO not cured.

Little Nolan is adorable... I await the arrival of grandbaby #2... my DIL is due Jan. 30th.

Be kind to yourself, and do what you know to do. You will get where you want to be.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Ladytazz
on 1/20/16 2:14 pm

Everything you said is exactly my experience with pregnancy.  And I've been pregnant 6 times!

In fact, pregnancy was the only time I ate freely and without guilt.  I ate what I could and what I wanted because I had so many food aversions that I had to make do with what worked.

I remember with my son Jeff all I could eat were white things.  Seriously.  Have you ever noticed that most white foods are carbs?  Bread, potatoes, rice, all that.

I went from 130 lbs to over 200 lbs with him.  In fact I had an agreement with my doctor that he would never mention my weight unless it was a health issue.  And with great blood pressure and blood sugar, he never did.  It didn't hurt that he was a big guy, too.

I remember when I had my glucose tolerance test and had to drink that sugary stuff, I said to him, "Hey, this isn't that bad." and he replied "Yeah, I have some with my lunch sometimes.".

Sadly he died very young do to obesity related complications.

Anyway, what I wanted to tell you is that with every one of those pregnancies I managed to loss the excess weight.  This was when I had a modicum of control over my eating.  After all my pregnancies I was able to get back to a normal weight.  For a little while at least.

And what I remember with each one is that I wasn't able to start until after they were 6 months old.  It was like some kind of magic number.  Maybe hormones or something.  

It was not easy but it was doable.  And usually by the time I hit a normal weight I was pregnant again.  My poor body.  No wonder it seems to turn against me in my old age, I abused it so much.

I have no doubt that you will get a handle on this.  No doubt.  Right now you are sleep deprived and your hormones are still out of whack.  Those are hard things to go against.

Just do the best you can and I know that one day it will come together, just like it did when we first had WLS.  In the mean time give yourself a break.  You just did the hardest thing a person can do, bring another human being into this world.  It is so hard that men don't dare do it.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

on 1/20/16 6:31 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Ladytazz, I  you for sharing everything, now and in the past.

I know I can take care of this, but the expectation to do it ASAP is so rough! But 6 months, I can handle that. If you can do it multiple times, I have no excuse ;)

The Salty Hag
on 1/20/16 2:44 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Julie...you're amazing, and little man is a doll baby. Seriously, he is the most beautiful baby I've seen in a long time. 

Like some others who answered, I'm also dealing with a regain. ( Regain of a regain that I'd mostly lost..go me! ) I went off the rails "for the Holidays" and am still trying to get back on track. I had a few emotional eating moments too. I did not deal well with my daughter leaving for college. I thought I "had this" and  avoided becoming a blubbering mess. I didn't cry and get emotional. Yeah, instead I pigged out on sugar free cookies-and other stuff and was just too busy to cry. I guess should have just cried and wept and held onto her one of her ankles as she tried to escape from me. ( Would that have counted toward my daily steps?  )

Like our vets say so often...THIS is when it gets real...and difficult. Life happens and we have to deal. 

I'm taking this one day at a time.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Grim_Traveller
on 1/20/16 2:59 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

The Salty Hag
on 1/20/16 4:54 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

on 1/20/16 6:32 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

He IS a cutie, isn't he? I have several friends who had babies about the same time I did, and they're certainly cute, but my little dude is the most handsome by far. Not biased at all!

If you want to keep your daughter home, talk to Grimm, I hear he has all manner of chains and zip ties...