Weight gain!!!

leap
on 1/20/16 3:36 pm - Canada

what is a 5day pouch test just protein shakes all day every day? 

I gained due to many drinks wine mostly 15 lbs not happy about it? Can some one chime in how they lost excess weight after 5 great years of maintaining .. 

leap         
hollykim
on 1/20/16 4:56 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 20, 2016 at 11:36 PM Pacific Time, leap wrote:

what is a 5day pouch test just protein shakes all day every day? 

I gained due to many drinks wine mostly 15 lbs not happy about it? Can some one chime in how they lost excess weight after 5 great years of maintaining .. 

stop drinking the wine and get on plan. Dense protein and non carby vegetables. 64 ounces of water a day minimum.you should lose just fine.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 1/20/16 5:15 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

The 5 day pouch day is a fad.  It's not going to help you with regain.

Stop drinking wine.  It's empty calories that you don't need.

Go back to basics.  Weigh and measure, eat dense proteins, followed by vegetables.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/16 5:33 pm, edited 1/21/16 12:43 am - CA

5 day pouch test a literally going back to basics for 5 days. You start day one with liquids and implement soft foods 2-3 day and so on. I don't know anyone that has lost their regain on a 5 day pouch test when only doing it 5 days.   The best advice is to go back to basics indefinitely, cut your carbs (wine) and all other simple carbs. Eat protein at every meal, dense proteins that will leave you satisfied and not grazing. 

Also, stay connected to a support system online or in person. In the 15 years since I had surgery, staying close in this community kept me accountable and I've been out of it for a bit.   It's something I'm struggling with now (regain) and is why I am more active on the boards (or try to be at least).  :)

Nik