Really cool NSV

Deanna798
on 1/18/16 7:00 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I have a childhood friend that I've known for 37 years.  She has always been beautiful and "normal" sized.  She's never struggled with her weight like I have.   We are in our early 40's, and while I don't see her in person on a regular basis, we see each other once or twice and year and keep up with what's going on in each others lives on facebook.

She sent me a message via facebook last night, just to tell me that my weight loss and the story that I've told openly there has inspired her.  She is at her highest weight ever, and has been there for a few years, and now she's decided that she wants to get back into shape and lose the weight.  I'm not sure what size she wears, but she looks to be no bigger than a 8, maybe a 10 at the very largest. 

I told her that I was flattered, and that if she was ever struggling to stick to a plan that she could reach out to me and that I'd be a voice of reason for her when she felt that she couldn't do it anymore.

It's really a good feeling to inspire someone else to want to be healthier, especially since she's most likely 3 sizes smaller than me and near to my goal weight.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20