No choices

SkinnyScientist
on 1/18/16 6:40 am

Ok. Not looking at their menu put traveling now. Ask for a side of broccoli and a piece of country ham steak. They should be sides. Prepare to cut the ham into fourths. Did that yesterday at a pancake place yesterday

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/18/16 7:00 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Before surgery, I was on insulin for my diabetes.  I had gone to iHop and thought I'd chosen wisely having an egg omelet with cheese -- no hash browns or toast.  My blood sugar shot way up -- and I had to bolus insulin.  That's when I learned about the pancake batter in their omelets.  That place has been dead to me since.  

Glad you found something!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/18/16 7:04 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I also wanted to add how smart you are to check menus before you go.  That is really a good way to prepare yourself and to get into the habit of making good decisions without pressure ahead of time.  I don't do this as often anymore -- but this habit really helped me in the first year.  

You are doing wonderfully.  Keep it up!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Deanna798
on 1/18/16 7:08 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I do it ALL THE TIME when we go out to eat, and it's because the one time I didn't I was horrified by what I had eaten.  I went to Applebee's a few months ago and ordered their shrimp salad with some sort of bacon dressing.  I ate all of the shrimp and about a 3rd of the salad and then went to log it in myfitnesspal.  That salad had over 1000 calories!  I had consumed at least 500 in that little meal.  

I will never go out to eat again without checking first.  If I go to a small restaurant where the menu isn't available, I only eat simple proteins and steamed veggies, etc.  I've been known to take a bottle of Skinny Girl Salad dressing in my purse to make sure I have dressing choices.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

KattattaK
on 1/18/16 9:23 am

Same here!!! My friends (the one's who've had wls as well as those who haven't ) couldn't care less about calorie/carb counting! They eat any and EVERYTHING and go to the crappies places ever (as far as servings and ingredients). I ALWAYS have to look up the menu before going so I'll be prepared. Although I have a band that stop working several years ago, I still try to watch what I eat as well as portions. Difficult!!!

robinreinhardt
on 1/18/16 2:36 pm

I've got dinner out tomorrow with High School friends from back in the day. I'm praying that they have food for me. If not I will do what you do and just have coffee, diet coke. Thank you and keep up the good work.

Robin