I'm sorry in advance

Biglady904
on 1/19/16 12:52 pm

I'm sorry I may post topics asking for advice which may seem so dumb to some but I'm scared about this whole weight loss process  this will be my first surgery even having and I'm so nervous but I'm doing it for my health so please accept my apology  

Ashley in Belgium
on 1/19/16 1:04 pm - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

You don't need to apologise for being a newbie here and asking for advice, help and support.  That is why we are all here!  I am still here after all these years because I learned so much from those that came before me and it helps me on my journey to give back to the community.  So ask away!  

You can also find lots of info by using the search button (that funny little magnifying glass on the blue bar to the left of your name).  

Having WLS is a big deal.  Researching, asking questions, reading the boards, all of these things will help you be a success!

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Deanna798
on 1/19/16 1:29 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

We were ago new once. My RNY was my first time having surgery as well. I was nervous at first,  but I read up on the risks and realized that any surgery would have the same risks,  and I wouldn't think twice of I needed to have my appendix out, or some other emergency procedure. 

It goes really fast,  and once you're on the ornery side you'll look back and worder why you were so worried.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/16 1:56 pm - CA

There is no need to apologize for asking questions.  That is what these boards and this website are for!  So, ask away and I am sure you will get a lot of great input and as well as links to topics you are inquiring about, if they have been asked before.  Everyone is very helpful here.  

Welcome!!!!!!

Nik

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/19/16 2:15 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

No apology needed, everyone was new at some point. Its ok to be nervous & scared about surgery. I say read up as much as you can, speak with your Dr & tell him about your fears & doubts, & come here. There's plenty of people to give support & information. Eventually your fears & doubts will become a thing of the past.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Jenn77p
on 1/19/16 4:09 pm
RNY on 08/07/15

Don't ever apologize. I was a newbie 5 1/2 months ago. I'm still trying to learn. And when I have a question, or need direction I ask away. I have learned a lot from this site, more than I have learned at the Drs office!  I too was very nervous about my RNY. I cancelled my first one, then one year later I was back at it again. I waited a precious year. However I would do it again in a heart beat. It's the best thing I have done for myself, my kids and my husband. Of course I did this for me and my health but so many other things came along with the weight loss. I'm not at goal yet and I make mistakes but I dust myself off and start again. Good luck!! 

Jenn 77 p

Amy R.
on 1/19/16 5:46 pm

No worries!  We were all newbies at one time or another.  Welcome aboard!

One thing I will suggest though:  invest a few minutes in snagging an avatar.  some of us (ok, me) forget peoples' names but recognize their avatars.  also, it kinda shows that you're interested in becoming part of the community here.  it doesn't have to be a real picture - mine's Happy Bunny for crying out loud - just something besides the dreaded anonymous blue profile.

Welcome again, and as the others have expressed, don't worry about too many questions - ask away!  Most of us who have been here awhile stick around, or at least keep coming back and checking in, for that very purpose.

Heavens2Betsy
on 1/19/16 8:53 pm
RNY on 02/29/16

No worries - ask away!

Age: 55.  5' 8" SW 345 lbs.  RNY on 2/29/16 at UVA w/ Dr. Hallowell.     
Month 1 - 3/29/16: 319 (25 lbs. lost) | Month 2 - 4/27/16: 314 (5 lbs. lost) | 
Month 3 - 5/29/16: 303 (12 lbs. lost) | Month 4 - 6/28/16:  293 (10 lbs. lost)
Month 5 - 7/28/16: 289 (4 lbs lost) | Month 6 - 8/28/16: 282 (7 lbs. lost) |
Month 7 - 9/27/16: 278 (4 lbs lost)

Nancy
on 1/22/16 5:42 am - Kasson, MN

It is a scary process for every one!  You never know if u are going to wake up after surgery or have a leak!  I had a leak and was in the hospitol for a long time!  But I still feel better without the weight!  Only thing that I did not realize is the way u absorb stuff, it affects medications u take to!  I have a lot of pain issues!  Just remember God gots his hand over you!

MsBatt
on 1/23/16 11:38 am

Have you visited the website at www.bariatricfacts.org ? If not, do. There's a pinned post there (somewhere!) titled something like "Never had surgery? Here's what to expect" that I think you will find VERY helpful. It's not WLS-specific, but about surgery in general. You can also fiind a lot of good WLS info there as well.