OT - What is that number next to the bell on the blue bar and how do I get rid of it?

Mary Gee
on 1/9/16 7:50 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

So many technical changes here, and I'm still learning about some of them.

But what d0es that bell represent.  When I post, I uncheck the notification box on the reply screen, because I don't need to know who has read my posts or if someone has answered a post.  The ever increasing number drives me crazy.  It's a small thing, but I want it gone.

Thanks all!

Mary

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/9/16 7:58 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

It's the number of notifications you got to your posts. The only way to get rid of them is to click on the bell & scroll down. You'll notice the number get smaller & smaller till it reaches 0. If there's a number it won't get past, you'll have to notify oh for tech support to get rid of it. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

L. 68
on 1/14/16 3:07 pm

Hi T 

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/16 2:09 pm - CA

It tells your how many notifications you have in regards to replies to a post or someone liked something you posted.  

Mary Gee
on 1/9/16 5:16 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Thanks for your replies.  99% of the time when I post, I "unclick" the "Notify" box......

I am so "computer illiterate"... 

Mary

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

TrulyPhoenix
on 1/9/16 6:40 pm - Calgary, Canada

The believe the 'Notify' box is for if you do/don't want an email notification.  The bell will always show any new activity relating to your posts.  

L. 68
on 1/14/16 3:09 pm

Hi MaryGee