My 600 lb Life / Skin Tight

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 1/7/16 12:43 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

New season of "My 600 lb Life" aired last night followed by a program on plastics for people who've lost massive amounts of weight.

Anyone watch either of these?  Comments?

I remember being addicted to this show right after I had surgery.  It's a painful reminder of what life is like when you're SSMO.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

lucalaw28
on 1/7/16 12:49 pm

Watching Skintight was kind of emotional for me.  Now that I am so close to goal I can see more how my skins going to be and it is upsetting to work so hard and still be left with those scars and reminders of how you used to be.  But towards the end of the show I came to the conclusion that I have to accept my "scars"  and if someone else doesn't like it, they don't matter.  I don't think I could ever get the skin surgery, it just looks to painful and it kind of creeps me out seeing them remove the skin, I'm not sure why, but it just does.

Tracy D.
on 1/8/16 6:42 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

When you talk about "scars" if you are referring to numerous stretch marks, skin surgery doesn't get rid of those.  Nope!  You'll have a flatter, tighter abdomen but there's no way to cut all the stretch marks out.  

As for painful, I've only had the LBL and it's the most painful thing I've ever gone through - and I've had two old-fashioned C-sections and gallbladder surgery in addition to my WLS.  And I have a high-pain threshold.  Plastics is not for sissies! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

lucalaw28
on 1/9/16 2:30 am

By scars I meant the scars left behind from weight loss ie. the loose skin and yeah I always try to come around on the plastics but then I watch the actual procedures and I feel like I just couldn't do it.  I guess you would have to feel extremely passionate about wanting the loose skin off and I am to a point but I also think that I have to love myself how I am because I just don't think I could do it.

gram247
on 1/13/16 9:28 am

The skin removal surgery was the second best decision I ever made after VSG. I FELT that as long as I had those fat cells attached to my body, they would get filled up. Logical, not really, but after they took off 35 pounds of hanging shin from my abdomen , I felt 1000% better.

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/16 1:05 pm

My wife is totally addicted to that show since I got surgery last Aug. She got me watching it last summer and I think that Dr. Now should get the highest award given to an American for committing his life to helping people. Some of those people are living a terrible existence.

I hope this new show is successful, Dr Now, is an executive producer, and the patience this Man has with some of his patients is staggering. I usually learn the most from the ones I totally can't stand. The ones that refuse to try, while simultaneously making it hard on the doc and his staff by mucking up the works.

I do watch to see what, and how much the people eat. Good post.

ipray
on 1/7/16 1:29 pm
VSG on 11/06/14

I haven't seen either one yet, but I have them taped.  I will even watch the repeats of My 600 lb life just to remind me to stay the course.  

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/7/16 3:45 pm

for me watching the 600 lb life is.. like watching a train wreck... a lot of them are only followed up for 1-2 years... what happens next? 

I think this is exploitation ... but at the same time I know that they are getting paid or at least the get the surgery and follow up visit covered.. so in a way those people benefit.. 

but they show that WLS is an answer - without really showing how much a person has to work on the lifestyle. 

The skin tight - well.. it shows the reality of losing a massive amount of weight. I did notthink I would need PS.. but a year after my WLs - I knew I really need it for my metal health... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

White Dove
on 1/7/16 5:07 pm - Warren, OH

I was watching one last night who is ten years out.  She went from 639 to 139 at her lowest and looked fantastic.  She was able to get pregnant and is expecting her third child.  That was quite a success story.  I did not realize that they have been following people on 600 pound life for ten years now.  Dr. Now is a saint.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/7/16 5:26 pm

wow .. the few I watched was either 1-2 years ..plus a lot of them were painful to watch.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."