And now, I wait....

MelodyMay
on 1/7/16 11:09 am
RNY on 03/01/16

I finally reached the date when I could submit my information to the Insurance company for approval. They needed 2 years of weight history so I had to wait.  I called and left a VM the Sunday before, just so my VM was the first thing they heard Monday morning. I called back on the 4th because I hadn't heard from them by lunch time. When I got a VM advising me that all of my info was submitted, I cried. I was told that I now have to wait at least 2 weeks for a reply, which I am oddly ok with.

I have gained 6lbs over the last 3 months so this is giving me time to lose it before surgery..my goal is to lose 15 lbs but I am not putting that pressure on myself..it's a hope, not a goal. I had stopped keeping track of my food and water intake and I need to get back on it. No more sugar, no more carbs. I got to have my LAST Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. No more excuses. No more "just one more". It's time. 

And now I am pacing constantly. I am walking past mirrors and grabbing my fat. I am pulling the skin on my face so I can try to get an idea of what I am going to look like. I am going thru my closet and throwing away clothes. I am watching my 600 lb life and Skin Tight, trying to wrap my head around what is going to happen. 

In 3 months, my entire world is going to be different and I am SO EXCITED! 

Melody

HW: 394 SW: 359 GW: 187

z_m14
on 1/7/16 11:27 am, edited 1/7/16 3:26 am
RNY on 07/05/16

Good for you! I feel the same way. I started this journey in September thinking the time would drag, but it's already January! I am worried about the whole process with my insurance company, but I'm not trying to overthink it. 

I still can't get myself to look at myself in the mirror...too much shame and embarrassment.

MelodyMay
on 1/7/16 12:35 pm
RNY on 03/01/16

Don't feel shame! Feel proud that you're finally strong enough to do something about it! We are about to look and feel AMAZING! 

NYMom222
on 1/7/16 5:24 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Hope it all goes well with the insurance. It does go fast, can't believe I am almost 18 months out...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save