Tested positive for H Pylori

Dougleaffan
on 1/7/16 4:02 am - Canada

Had the test just prior to Christmas and hadn't heard back. After reading the searches about it on OH and learning it could take 2 even 3 tries to get rid of it. I took the initiative and called TWH. Got my meds and start today.

Thanks to all who are leading the way. Makes it a bit easier to follow. 

Surgery10/14/16

HW/398. preOpti/368. SW/338

CW/197.5

RNY on 12/22/14

For me, one of the best things about investigating whether WLS was right for me was the great check-up I got: 9 vials of blood, EKG, etc. I felt that even if I did not do it, at least I got a decent physical - like they used to do in the old days!!

I tested pos for H Pylori also.  My surgeon says easy to get rid of and didn;t even retest when I inquired.  I'll check with my PCP. 

But - why doesn't everyone get a HPylori - it causes ulcers even in the healthy non-WLS population.

Best of luck on your journey!!!

Sharon

sweetpotato1959
on 1/7/16 12:12 pm

To shorten the Hp problem  you might want to search for natural herbals and etc that have effect on bacteria...I have several I use,as needed and they work to help keep my GI tract in Balance. Do some research and know that most herbals do not interfere with antibiotics, but enhance their abilities, when taken in conjunction...Herbals are different with each batch, just enough that bacteriaare not able to build full resistance to them. I used to treat severe UTI, with no known antibiotic effective...

Denise