Clarity ensues

diane48
on 12/30/15 11:09 pm
RNY on 05/07/13

Gary you are so courageous! First for posting your feelings here in the first place. Second for calling a counselor.  That is hard to do and hard to wait for the appointment once you have.  Third for showing your wife the post and responses.  What a great wife you have!  Some spouses would not have reacted like that or waited for you to answer with the post.  I know that you appreciate her.  She deserves a flowers!

Hope you are doing a little better.  I know it takes a while but you will feel better.

LA5767
on 12/31/15 6:00 am

Gary

Thank you for being courageous and sharing this with us.

It is my hope and prayer that all of us are able to have just such and incredible moment with our Loved one, to have a completely

loving connection and understanding for each other is such a true blessing and Opens the doors for so many great conversations.

Bless you and your beautiful wife for sharing your journey with us

Lynne

NYMom222
on 12/31/15 10:52 am
RNY on 07/23/14

This is a great post and I am so happy you shared. That is why we are here, if we are going through it, somebody else is or has gone through the same thing. So important to see we are not alone.

The weight loss is great and we all jump for joy over it, but if you don't get the part about your head and changing your thinking you will not be successful long term. You are on your way.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Donna L.
on 12/31/15 2:56 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

You and your wife both sound like incredible people.  Thank you for sharing your story with us, Gary. :)

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life