Quick fix for loose rings after weight loss

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 12/31/15 8:18 am
RNY on 08/05/19

After losing weight, my fingers got smaller and a few of my rings started to slip around my fingers. Most of them weren't worth resizing, but I found an easy fix to make them more snug without those obnoxious plastic thingies they sell at walmart.

All you need is some clear silicone, like the stuff they sell for fixing cracks in aquariums. I got mine at the pet store, but they sell it at the hardware store too.

Put your ring on a paper towel, and get a teeny bit of silicone-- a drop about the size of a grain of rice-- on a toothpick, end of a plastic fork, or something else disposable. Spread it on the bottom inside part of the ring and wipe any extra that makes it onto the sides. Lay it flat on the paper towel, and let it cure for about 2 days.

In the end, you get a little piece of rubber that sticks to the inside, and you can peel it off without causing any damage. It doesn't irritate your skin, you can't feel it when you're wearing the ring, and it costs WAY less than getting something sized.

Hope this proves useful for someone! :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Deanna798
on 12/31/15 8:49 am
RNY on 08/04/15

great idea.  I now wear a size 7, but my wedding ring is a 9, and it's platinum.  it's soo expensive to size, and since I'm still losing weight I'm not ready to resize my ring yet.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

(deactivated member)
on 12/31/15 9:25 am

Thanks for the idea. I haven't worn my wedding ring in a while and have something else on my finger. I was going to wait to get my ring sized but now I can do a  temporary fix. Thanks again.