30 pounds down but feeling ill

RNY on 12/22/14

There is a fast-dumping and a delayed dumping. And just a feeling icky for 12 hours after you carbo load when you don't get diarhrea but you just want to lay down for a couple hours.  You probably are not intending to, but you are carbo loading.  

Forget the carbs for awhile - even though mashed pots are on your list, does not mean you should be eating them or anything else until you get all your protein in.  I am sorry, but cheesy potato soup - wrong food in too many ways to list.  Nothing else would go down????? - not a prot shake, not a greek yogurt or small curd cottage cheese, even SF jello would have been better. 

Beef is the hardest food for most people to handle. A guy friend of mine is 3 years out and still does not do beef. Try moist fish or chicken (ie poached or boiled, not grilled until later.)  You may need a day or 2 on protein shakes or whatever (greek yogurt, etc) to get 60-80 grams of protein in and then experiment from there. 

A kitchen scale helped me more easily measure portions.

Hang in there - you may need to experiment about what works for you - but I can guarentee that you will fell like **** with all the carbs you are eating.

Sharon

MassHockey
on 1/5/16 10:41 am

Im amazed youre able to eat that much.  At four weeks, I was basicalky still drinking.  Im 12 weeks now and dont think I could eat potatoes at all.

thats not really helpful, but its my thought.?

Maria27
on 1/5/16 8:40 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

How much protein have you been eating? I do not feel well if I do not eat enough protein, and just looking at your menu makes me feel sick. Cut back on the carbs. I'm not surprised that you don't feel well. Just because something is on your plan doesn't make it a good choice. Your body is starving, and it will start to consume your muscles if you don't feed it enough protein.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

BlIndianQueen
on 1/8/16 1:36 am
RNY on 12/08/15

UPDATE

Sooo..I went to see my PCP and was sent to the ER at my surgeons request. I ended up being dehydrated, not sure how since I sip sip all the time. I received fluids, vitamins, and some anti-nausea meds.

There is a nasty stomach bug going around, they suspect I may have caught that, but not sure. I followed up with my surgeon the next day and they are testing me for E. coli and c-diff, and to top it off I caught a sore throat/cold.

The last few days have been rough, cannot ea****er bothers my stomach and throat, just miserable.

I am looking for the sun through all this rain!!