First time posting

Becca_B
on 1/2/16 12:49 pm
RNY on 12/29/15

Thanks so much for the reply! Its so hard for me to wrap my head around the idea that I could loose so much weight, so I love reading about other people's success here on the forums. thank you for the welcome :)

Kathy S.
on 12/28/15 10:57 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Welcome to ObesityHelp!  We are glad that you have joined our OH community.  

As you check out OH, you'll see many features and tools that are created for our members as you embark on your WLS journey.  OH is a great place for support, research and tools to assist you with your journey.  Here are a few suggestions:

About Obesity
About Weight Loss Surgery
Medical Necessity
Post-op Planner
BMI Calculator
Health Tracker

We also have a great HELP SECTION with tutorials to assist you with navigating our site. If you need our assistance, you can reach us at [email protected]

You didn't mention what surgery type you are researching and or having.  May we suggest you post on the forum for your surgery type to reach out to those that are having the same surgery as you.

Duodenal Switch Forum (DS)

LAP-BAND Forum

Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery Forum (RNY)

Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Forum (VSG)

We look forward to your updates

Regards,

Kathy

Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

hteadtbear
on 12/28/15 11:43 am
RNY on 09/01/15

Glad you posted Becca,  I have read through your replies and have no more to add except welcome and you are the person who controls your future.  You have made a great decision. 

Pam

supershopper
on 12/28/15 2:03 pm

hi-

You will be great tomm!

Tell people in your own time when you are comfortable or don't tell them at all. Sometimes when people start talking about this person regained, etc etc, they just don't know enough to really be talking about it, it's hearsay.  you can either choose to ignore them or educate them.

Remember to get up walking and sipping as soon as they let you. you have got to get those gasses out of your body. The faster they come out the better you will feel.

I have been heavy since age 6, So I understand what you are going through. Turned out that my liver was starting to have issues (I'm only 37 years old (they did a biopsy during my surgery)) and if I had continued on my path I would have eventually had a liver that didn't work properly.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Becca_B
on 1/2/16 12:51 pm
RNY on 12/29/15

thanks for your reply! So sorry to hear about your liver, its so great that you were able to change your path! :)

timeforthis
on 12/28/15 2:21 pm

Hi, Becca!  I am very happy and excited for you.....it won't be long now & you will be post-op!  I am anxiously awaiting my own surgery on Jan 11.  I look forward to hearing more about your journey!

Becca_B
on 1/2/16 12:52 pm
RNY on 12/29/15

Hello! Doesn't it feel like it takes forever, and then before you know it-it will be jan 11th! I was kind of glad to have the holidays as a distraction so I didn't get too nervous, but everything went smoothly and I am sure it will for you too!

Char_howell
on 12/29/15 8:48 pm
Mini Gastric Bypass on 01/18/16

Hi, it is Tuesday night of your surgery. Hope everything went great! My surgery is on Jan. 18th. I'm not going to tell any friends until later. I'm excited. My back ground is the same as your over weight all my life. I'm so ready to be able to walk and do a lot of normal things again. I need back surgery and knee surgery but had to loose the weight first. I have 135 #s to get rid of. Good luck to you. Char

Becca_B
on 1/2/16 12:53 pm
RNY on 12/29/15

Hello! I am sure you are anxiously awaiting Jan 18th and I hope the time flies by quickly for you. I'll be looking forward to reading about your journey here on the forums.