Well..... THAT was interesting.

WereYorkie
on 12/26/15 1:27 am
VSG on 05/11/15

So, I'm a Christmas hell... I mean, dinner, and my nephew introduces me to his new flavor of the month. He and I start talk about how much weight I've lost and blah, blah, yada, yada, and she pipes in asking me how I've done it. He looks at her kind of weird with that look of "I told you already". (That was the first hint she's not going to last long.)

I answer her honestly that I had the Sleeve done back in May. It was like she had the attack prepared and started in with "My aunt had it done and she's back to where she is plus another 50 pounds. And she lost all her muscle mass! Having that surgery eats your muscles!"

It's a good thing I am who I am now, because 5 years ago, I would have become flustered and ran away. 

Instead, I looked at her and said slowly, "Did she change her eating habits? I mean, stop eating crap and start taking of herself? By the look on your face, the answer is no. Did she start moving? Start exercising?"

Dingbat: "Uumm..."

Me: "Again... a big no. So... she didn't change her bad habits, still eats crap, and doesn't exercise. Gee, I wonder why the surgery didn't work."

Nephew looked embarrassed and upset (at her, not me).

And then I decided to really rub it in... "Oh, and by the way... As for the 'eat your muscles [email protected] leg press 220. What can YOU leg press?" 

Oh, yeah... b*tch of the day, I am, and damn proud of it.  

She didn't even make it to Christmas dinner. He was so mad at her, he drove her home. 

I think I am going to have to play matchmaker because his girlfriend choosing skills stink! 

Highest Weight: 340 (7/2/14)  Initial Consult: 327.8 (2/24/15) Home Weigh In on Surgery Date: 291.8 (5/11/15) Today's Weight: 187.4 (5/20/16) Total So Far: 152.6 Pounds!!!!!!

"There's only us. There's only this... forget regret. Or life is yours to miss. No other road. No other way. No day but today."

Loser2542
on 12/26/15 4:28 am

You are my hero- what great responses to her ignorance!

HW: 388 SW: 240 CW: 172      Surgery Date 11/07/2014     VSG with Dr. Chengelis

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/26/15 7:17 am

Wonderfull. Some people don't know when to shut up.

BTW - on a different spectrum - Christmas dinner at my friends- one guy is post op RNY like I am.  He is over 2 years post op. His eye sight is going...he looks frail, bent in half..He is engaged to my friends' daughter and we all worry she will be stuck taking care of him... 

He does not take vitamins most days - they upset his pouch. Plus last night he ate exact opposite to what I ate- rice, salad, potaoes, some veggies.. And cookies... Yeap.     I ate lamb, chicken, egg, and some green beans, a bite of califlower dish.... He does not like the taste of meat anymore so..he does not eat it.. .

Life is interesting... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Laura in Texas
on 12/26/15 7:41 am

Wow. Yep. Choices can make all the difference. I haven't been around many post-ops recently, but it is usually eye-opening.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

MsBatt
on 12/26/15 4:32 pm
On December 26, 2015 at 3:17 PM Pacific Time, H.a.l.a. B. wrote:

Wonderfull. Some people don't know when to shut up.

BTW - on a different spectrum - Christmas dinner at my friends- one guy is post op RNY like I am.  He is over 2 years post op. His eye sight is going...he looks frail, bent in half..He is engaged to my friends' daughter and we all worry she will be stuck taking care of him... 

He does not take vitamins most days - they upset his pouch. Plus last night he ate exact opposite to what I ate- rice, salad, potaoes, some veggies.. And cookies... Yeap.     I ate lamb, chicken, egg, and some green beans, a bite of califlower dish.... He does not like the taste of meat anymore so..he does not eat it.. .

Life is interesting... 

And short, for some folks. (*sigh*)

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 12/26/15 12:57 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

You, my hero, are TOO funny.  Way to go. 

It is important to know what surgery will do for you and what it won't.  It seems you have got that down. 

Sharon

Tracy D.
on 12/28/15 11:59 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15