10 YEARS!

Josh H.
on 12/20/15 5:24 pm, edited 12/20/15 5:39 pm - Merida, Mexico
RNY on 12/20/05 with

It almost feels like it never happened, like it happened to someone else, but today is my 10 year surgiversary! I made this surgery my ***** Never would I have imagined what was ahead of me. It was difficult at times, but I definitely would not call it a difficult journey overall. We are given rules to follow, and the rules work. But I believe the main key to my success was allowing my self to indulge at times. I allow myself to enjoy the holidays, parties, etc. I do not deny myself a good time. I was never the guy to say, "No thanks, I can't have that, I had WLS." It has been 10 years of balance. To years of hard effin' work, and 10 years of fun. For those just staring out, it gets easier, trust me. Those struggling, get back to basics, and those who have had serious issues, I wish you a quick recovery.

The pics posted are of right before surgery and a week ago.

462/449/200

"I'm not ashamed of where i've been but proud of where i am!"

Mathew M.
on 12/20/15 6:49 pm

Dude!!!  You are an inspiration.  I'm just barely 6 months out, and doing really well.  I know the maintaining is the hard part.  Thanks for sharing your success.

49 years old, male.

5'11", HW:306, SW:284, CW:194.5, Goal:195lbs.VSG 6/19/15, Dr. Scott Cunneen at Cedars Sinai, Los Angeles.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 12/21/15 3:50 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Dude, awesome!

Sharon

roxytrim
on 12/21/15 5:30 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Nice distillment of ten years into a few eloquent pointers & your pooch is a real ham!

Patm
on 12/21/15 7:39 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I love to hear from people a long way out. I need to remind myself that I can do this

thompsonnewton
on 12/21/15 9:41 am

Wow..seriously, what an handsome man! I just go sleeved 6 days ago and you are so my inspiration to look good and be healthy. Thank you so so much for sharing with us here:) That's just pure awesome sauce!

Spencerella
on 12/21/15 10:14 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Thanksfor this post!  You're truly inspiring! 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/15 11:42 am

Congratulations on such a wonderful change!  People...look at what he said here...follow the plan.  That's where we tend to fail; we don't follow the plan most of the time.  We continue to miss something, whether it be tracking our food, making sure we get in the proteins, exercise, calorie counts, checkups and meetings with needed support folks...this is a wonderful reminder to us all that we need to remain overall consistent and in time, huge health changes will be made.  I do think many people (like me) can't quite yet find out the balance thing, but hopefully one day, we will get there!  

You look great; keep up the hard work and share!

Tracy D.
on 12/22/15 1:18 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Love hearing updates from veterans about their long-term success!  Looking good, Josh 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

ShapeShifter
on 12/23/15 9:32 am, edited 12/23/15 1:33 am - Durham Region, Canada

Wow...good for you!!  Yes, we are given rules to follow because this surgery is a tool, not a miracle cure!  I learned the hard way that if you don't follow the rules, the weight starts to come back.  Back on track now and following the rules like a good girl.  I am thankful every day for this new lease on life, even on the days where I am really struggling.

Thank you for putting some things into perspective and keep up the great work!!!