Big clothing NSVs~!

mute
on 12/15/15 3:10 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

Went Christmas shopping with my Mom today and I needed clothes for sure. I got dress pants and tried on a 1x, too big. went to the regular sizes, where the XL was still too big and finally got the L and it fit. AHH, I haven't worn that in forever in I have NO idea how long. I also bought some bras in the regular sizes - I haven't been able to actually try on a bra in a store since I was a teenager. They were cheap bras because I figure I'll change sizes still but I was still amazed. I started out at a 26/28. I still have a long way to go (hopefully!!) but I was ridiculously happy today with the sizes I was buying.

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

Mathew M.
on 12/15/15 3:58 pm

Doesn't it feel great?!!!  

I have been shopping a lot lately, both because I have absolutely nothing that fits anymore, and because, I must admit, I am starting to really like it.  One thing I noticed, at the risk of sounding conceited, is I look pretty good in just about anything I try on.  Makes it harder to decide.

Enjoy the smaller sizes!!!  the lower you get, the more choices  you have available to you. 

49 years old, male.

5'11", HW:306, SW:284, CW:194.5, Goal:195lbs.VSG 6/19/15, Dr. Scott Cunneen at Cedars Sinai, Los Angeles.

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/15 5:46 pm

Awesome. Congratulations. 

SKmammabear
on 12/15/15 6:14 pm

Right there with ya!  Congratulations!  I actually got measured for a bra last week at the mall (Victoria's Secret) and tried on a 36D. It was so comfy! That was cool for me...  first off...  never been measured for a "real" bra, and I had been wearing 44DD.  (I didn't buy one - too close to Christmas to spend that kind of money on myself) When I got married the first time, I was a 34B.  How times change! My sister in law has been giving me pretty much her whole wardrobe after she lost some weight.  It's been awesome!  I am down from 26/28 sizes too!  I have a couple tops that are size LG (with NO X in front of it)

Merry Christmas!!

Juliek7312
on 12/15/15 7:26 pm

Im so jealous! I actually have less options for bras now. I went from a 46f to a 34h which no store keeps. Why would they its a ridiculous size! Siiiiiiiiggghhhh 

Grats on the smaller sizes tho :) doesnt it feel amazing!

Height: 5'5" HW: 370 SW: 363 CW: 177 RNY: 4/28/15

Jolly_ICU_RN
on 12/15/15 9:36 pm
WLS on 12/29/15

Congrats!!! That's so awesome! I can't wait to get there! I've kept the clothes I like from the past 3-4 years that I like (with the up and down weightless). I have from my current size 20 to a few things in 14. I'm SOOOO looking forward to busting open those boxes!!!!! 

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!! 

mute
on 12/16/15 8:11 am
RNY on 03/23/15

It felt amazing! I didn't expect to buy pants in that size at all. I have 2 pairs of jeans at home waiting for me in regular sizes - 16 and 14, that I got on sale on Black Friday online and the 16 almost zips up. The tops will take a bit longer because of my chest and arms but I'm okay with that. There ARE so many more options when you can shop in regular sizes which always ****** me off, plus so much cheaper to buy which I can't wait for. Either way, it was a great surprise yesterday. I hate shopping and have mainly been wearing clothes out of my closet that I have in different sizes but that's getting low on supplies now that I'm getting into small sizes that I've never been!

christinerocks
on 12/16/15 8:25 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Such a great feeling, right?

I also freaked out a bit - like I had lost my "safe space" in the plus sizes.  I'm overwhelmed with buying choices.  Did you feel that way?  

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

mute
on 12/16/15 8:34 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Not quite there yet because I'm still right between plus and regular in tops and that's where the real choices are! My batwings are limiting me getting to the regular sizes so I'm not sure if I'll get there any time soon because of the sleeves. But just being in one store and realizing I may be able to shop in a different section soon was overwhelming so yes I'm with you on that feeling!