The "Pineapple Express" and falling up.

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/15 9:14 am

I was in the bathroom last night, and heard this. "Honey, there's a "church-mouse" in the house again." My wife calls field mice, "church-mice" because that sounds "cleaner" to her. I said, "If you were out in this weather we've had for the last 10 days, you'd come in here also."

We've been the fortunate recipients of some of the heaviest rain I've ever seen here in the Olympic forest in N.W. Washington state. The west coast really. I awoke yesterday to thunder and lightening! And no power to boot. My Christmas tree was backlit by the lightening. I went outside to check my yard, generator, etc... and saw a herd of 5 horses, spooked by the chaos, running down the middle of my street. Trees and branches everywhere, this has been a significant event out here. It's official term is a "pineapple express".

Anyway, back to the "church-mouse". We spent the next half-hour, tracking and trapping the little guy. Mainly to keep my giant, stupid, pitbull from eating it. When we caught him (unharmed,w/ a sticky trap) and released him from his trap with mineral oil, all on the strict instructions from my daughter. We waited until the weather cleared to let him go. I somehow began to relate to his situation. I felt so trapped in my former shape (mind-set) that it was nice watching him tear-ass out of there when released. "It's a race" I thought. All of it, life, work, fun, time. It's all a race. 

ChristineB
on 12/10/15 10:40 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

Great analogy from pre op to PO.

My husband and I were in your state in mid May to board a cruise out of Seattle (loved the city) anyways while we were there your Governor had just declared the draught. Big change in the weather for you folks.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

seattledeb
on 12/10/15 11:08 am

I'm over it. I need a little more light.

Neesie57
on 12/10/15 10:12 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

My kids both live in Washington, one in Tacoma, one in Renton and they have had so much rain lately.  The rain is sure making up for the draught conditions over the summer. 

It was wonderful for you to let the mouse go, to live a long/short life in the wild.  You have a big heart, with a much smaller body now.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!