Trying to find my motivation after 8 years

White Dove
on 12/9/15 4:18 am - Warren, OH

Forget about the whole it is not a diet, it is a lifestyle stuff.  That does not work for me and is not working for you.

When I need to lose weight, then I am on a diet.  When I am at my goal or under then it is a lifestyle.

Set a goal for yourself - mine is one pound a week. Start with a three month goal and a 12 pound loss.

Get a fitness tracker and wear it daily.  Use MyFitnessPal to log all of your food and drink.  Get the smartest scale you can find and use it daily.

The biggest mistake I made was hiding my scale.  I did that for three months and had a 14 pound regain.  Now I weigh at least once a day.  The new scale that I am waiting to be shipped is made by Garmin.  I also use Garmin Vivofit as my tracker. 

This is a terrible time of year to do any serious dieting.  I am old-fashioned enough to start fresh on January 1.  The parties and holiday foods are over.  What works for me is counting calories, protein, fat and fiber.

To lose 105 pounds would take me two years.  There are no quick fixes.  Weight is hard to lose after the initial big loss from surgery.  The body learns how to hold onto food much better. 

Make a plan, set your goals and achieve them.  If you just cut 500 calories a day by this time next year you will be 52 pounds thinner.  If you don't do it then you will stay the same or weigh more in a year.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 12/9/15 4:34 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Everything that WhiteDove says.  In addition, I would check in with a surgeon in case there is something that can help.  Do you go to your surgeon's support group - just seeing that scale once a month is a reminder to get/stay on track. You know the first steps - clean the cupboards and refrig of all the junk food, etc...

You are also an important role model for your children.  The changes you make now will have dividends for THEIR children.

Hang in there!!

Sharon

Zee Starrlite
on 12/9/15 5:28 pm, edited 12/9/15 9:27 am

Hope you feel better.  Achieving the dream of having babies is great.

Sadly we can't blame metabolic issues or  genetics for eating too much & exercising too little.  

All best,

Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

AnneGG
on 12/9/15 6:30 pm

Love, you can do it if you will yourself day by day second by second to do it. Yes, it sucks, no, it isn't easy, yes, it takes the work of your lifetime, but the payoff I promise is worth it. It takes being determined and persistent no matter what your story, no matter what your grief, no matter what your head says, dragging your head out the door no matter what it may be screaming. It takes faith that what you do today will be worth it tomorrow. Yes, I can. Yes, you can. 

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

AnneGG
on 12/9/15 6:40 pm

PS if you did it for 8 years you can do it now. You have the skills, it's like riding a bicycle- you never lose the ability. It just takes the willingness to relentlessly practice. Sure, you may be on your butt a lot in the beginning, but so what? All it takes is getting up one more time than you fall. 

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay