First Time

pr31
on 12/7/15 10:25 am

Hi everyone.  I'm new to this journey.  Actually not completely new.  I'm just about to have my 3rd nutrition class and have completed some of my required consults and have some others scheduled.  I've been "stalking" the site for about a month and finally took the plunge to register and post.  I think this site will be extremely helpful.  I've been doing lots of research here and other places.  I've met with the surgeon and we've pretty much decided on RNY as the best option for me.  Because of previous abdominal surgeries and potential scar tissue he has alerted me that if my "innards" are too much of a mess he may have to go with the sleeve instead once he's inside.  I'm very frightened of surgery.  I've already had more than my share unrelated to weight and was hoping I wouldn't need another one in this lifetime.  BUT, I'm more afraid of not having the surgery.  I've more than proved to myself that I can't do it on my own.  I've lost hundreds of pounds in my lifetime, most recent was 9 years ago when I lost over 200 pounds.  Sad to say like before I've gained almost all of it back.  With those few years at a "normal" weight though, I had a taste of what life could really be like.  Hubby and I hiked and biked almost every weekend and we would walk about 4 miles after work almost every night.  Now that I've gained the weight back, my feet, knees, hips and back hurt too much to take more than a short (1/2 mile or less walk).  I want that active life back again.  I'm not THAT old!  Sorry for the long rambling post - just thought I'd get myself out there.

HW ever 329, W at start of this process 290, CW 275

LA5767
on 12/7/15 12:35 pm

PR31

Welcome on in, I am a newbie here too, just lurking and learning....

I too, am more afraid of NOT having the surgery than having it.......There are lots of amazing people out here who thank goodness have gone

before us and are leaving a wealth of knowledge and tips to survive every bump in the road we will encounter.

Please add me to your friends

I would be honored to help in any way I can

Lynne

Leah P.
on 12/7/15 3:44 pm
with

Hi! I'm new on here too but I joined after my surgery. I'm 2 weeks post op today and have lost 14.8 lbs already. It was probably the best decision I ever made. Don't get me wrong, it has been a rough and I have had to adjust my brain more than anything else but to see the scale go down each day is very rewarding. I know I'm on the path to a healthy happy life. Congratulations on starting your new happy healthy life. ?

RNY: 11/23/2015

HW:284  SW:280  

"I may not be there yet, but, I'm closer today than I was yesterday."

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/15 6:18 pm - CA

Lmparker84, Welcome to OH and congrats on your recent surgery!   Things will get easier and your head will adapt.  Just stay focused and keep moving.   

Nik

Leah P.
on 12/7/15 6:48 pm
with

Thank you Nik! I really appreciate you taking time to send me that message. My head is getting there... I had a rough day the other day but then got on here and felt so much better. I love OH! 

RNY: 11/23/2015

HW:284  SW:280  

"I may not be there yet, but, I'm closer today than I was yesterday."

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 12/8/15 5:23 am
VSG on 12/06/12

Good luck and you may also want to check out the RNY board if you have not yet done so.