Chicken frustration

NikkiFlynn
on 12/10/15 8:45 am - Humbolt Area, CA
RNY on 10/23/14

I am currently 13 months out of surgery. I can eat ground hamburger on rare occasions but mainly eat nothing but chicken or some fish. Am I the only one? 

I also can't eat eggs, much dairy, or broccoli. I become a HUGE gas bubble. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/15 10:25 am

Do you have a crock pot? They can really help. Some peoples pouches are sensitive. 

NikkiFlynn
on 12/10/15 10:33 am - Humbolt Area, CA
RNY on 10/23/14

Yes I do and use it often. But even before surgery I couldn't eat eggs and broccoli. Since surgery it's now some dairy products. 

ChristineB
on 12/10/15 10:49 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On December 10, 2015 at 4:45 PM Pacific Time, NikkiFlynn wrote:

I am currently 13 months out of surgery. I can eat ground hamburger on rare occasions but mainly eat nothing but chicken or some fish. Am I the only one? 

Pork, turkey, cube steak makes a fantastic meal (looked for a "baked steak recipe on line) spaghetti squash with ground meat in the sauce I like ground turkey. The sauce will make it moister. Some will learn to cook with tofu - I know to me it is vile but many "veggie - tarians" like it.

My husband had issues with ground meats early out RNY but he found that it was because it was cooked too dry. He eventually was able to eat it and for him forget a reheated hamburger left over.

It will get better.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Neesie57
on 12/10/15 10:14 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

I like ground chicken much better than ground turkey.  The turkey doesn't have the strange aftertaste that turkey has.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

ChristineB
on 12/10/15 10:52 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On December 10, 2015 at 4:45 PM Pacific Time, NikkiFlynn wrote:

I forgot to mention stews and pot roast. If they are not cooked too dry  . . . they are my go to meals during the cold winter.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Juliek7312
on 12/10/15 11:34 am

I pretty much have only been eating ground turkey. Anytime I have it I make sure it's with a sauce or something otherwise I will get sick. 7 mo out

Height: 5'5" HW: 370 SW: 363 CW: 177 RNY: 4/28/15

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/10/15 11:48 am

unless you developed food allergies and that is why you can't eat the rest of foods - you better call and talk to your doc. - this is not normal. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

dkdodson777
on 12/10/15 2:48 pm

I am probably not the one to reply but I can relate I a small way.  I started  protein shakes pre op on 11-21-15.  RNY scheduled 12-22-15.  The one meal per day allowed with the protein shakes, I  have had 18 chicken meals and 2 pork.  I feel like I am about to start crowing.....I really like chicken so that is good.  I can not even comprehend 13 months out and eating mostly chicken.  But I know I will be in the same boat.  As long as chickens are available in the market place it will be okay!!   Hang in there!! 

NYMom222
on 12/11/15 7:52 am
RNY on 07/23/14

At 13 months out you should be able to eat most everything. Yes, we have taste aversions sometimes but you should be able to eat it. I may not like everything, but I don't feel like I physically couldn't eat it. When I struggled early on it was - keep it moist, use some kind of sauce, gravy or broth, small bites, eat slowly and chew chew chew. It is really a training of yourself.

I use fairlife milk, which has higher protein and is lactose free. Maybe you are sensitive to lactose?

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save