Waiting for approval

Smile_and_nod
on 12/6/15 6:33 pm
VSG on 01/18/16

I am waiting to find out if my insurance is going to approve my surgery and its driving me absolutely bonkers. I have spent the last two years reading, studying, re-visiting the topic of surgical weightless and I finally, finally have decided to pursue it. My providers (psych, dietician, PCP) have all told me it would be a great step for me and support me 100% but I still fear that my insurance will find some reason not to cover it. I cant decided if I am more excited than a young child on Christmas eve or more nervous than a college senior sitting for their final exam. 

What did everyone else do to pass the time? I don't think I can take any more baths! 

peachpie
on 12/7/15 6:01 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

My approval came within an hour of submission, so no prolonged wait. Wishing you the best!

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Smile_and_nod
on 12/7/15 8:52 am
VSG on 01/18/16

Really? They told me it would take 4-5 weeks to find out after submitting everything to the insurance. 

peachpie
on 12/7/15 9:11 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Yup surgeon's office got a verbal approval from insurance, took some time for the approval letter to come in the mail. (And when it did finally come in the mail- it had a totally different surgery date-- but that was easily worked out).

My entire process was fast though, no six month pre-op weigh-ins etc. I went from consultation to surgery in less then 8 weeks. I was a high starting BMI (54) not sure if that had anything to do with it)

Smile_and_nod
on 12/7/15 9:18 am
VSG on 01/18/16

Hmm maybe. Mine was 44 now down to 41 after dieting 

Smile_and_nod
on 12/14/15 10:20 am
VSG on 01/18/16

It's been close to two weeks (10 business days) since my surgeons office submitted everything to my insurance. I just called today to check in and was told "we will call you". Does it really take this long to get an answer?. They always act like I'm a huge nuisance to them but I live out of state and have to arrange flights, hotels, and cars. Now I'm just frustrated and venting.....