This morning, I took a left turn.

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/15 9:11 am

Every morning at about 6:30, rain or shine(usually rain) I leave my house on foot, walk to the street, take a right turn and walk to the trailhead to begin my morning walk.

Yesterday, a woman sees me from her kitchen window and runs out to her front step(in a robe, half a cup of coffee, and an umbrella) to tell me she's been "watching" me, and following my progress, and was "satisfied" with my progress. "I see that bright yellow raincoat and those legwarmers, and I know it's you".

I walk at stupid thirty, for the express reason that nobody sees me in my wife's stupid legwarmers. (Not that there's anything wrong with a grown man wearing his wife's legwarmers) "But I'm cold all the time" I think to myself. As this woman is continuing to talk to me, I'm transfixed by the rain drip, drip, dripping into her now almost full cup of coffee.

After a few more minutes of doorstep question and answer period, I was released to begin my morning exercise. With the promise that "she'll be watching my progress closely". I should have asked her name?

This morning, I awoke, put on the raincoat, kissed the wife, walked to the street.....and turned left.

Kathy S.
on 12/5/15 9:55 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Tell her if she provides a cheering section including band and all you will go right.  Love this story, thanks for sharing  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

jeterway
on 12/5/15 11:09 am

Don't you just love it when people invite themselves into your private time and space.  UGH.  I would have told her to mind her own business or get dressed and walk with me.

The Salty Hag
on 12/5/15 11:20 am
RNY on 05/20/13

She HAD to mention the leg warmers, right? I considered getting some to wear on my walks. Usually I just say "screw it" until it's warm again..

Kind of off topic: Hubby wore my old leggings when it was bitterly cold out one morning and he had to work on his car. He stayed nice and toasty.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

roxytrim
on 12/5/15 1:56 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Uhhh...Gary...A picture is worth a thousand words 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 12/5/15 2:09 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Legwarmers, Haha, I forgot about those! Now I'm thinking of getting a pair. I keep thinking of that movie that in the beginning all you see is this woman dancing/jogging in place & all you see are her legs. Its that one where she ends up in a chair, pulls a string & water falls on top of her. lol

Amazing how people get all up in your business. I ran into this type of situation b4. On my side of the building the elevator broke down, so I had to carry my bike up the stairs across the roof to the other side of the building to use their elevator to get downstairs. So I'm almost in the elevator & this woman whom I don't know wants to strike up a conversation, at 6 in the morning when I'm trying to get to work. On & on, & I'm thinking can you let go of the door so I can get to work? Then on top of that she knows my name cuz apparently this other lady whom I do chat with must've mentioned I'm the one who goes riding to work in the morning.

You're dedicated to go out walking in the rain. I look at the rain & wonder when it'll stop so I can ride my bike. lol

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Mary Gee
on 12/5/15 5:45 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

F A M E ! ! !

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

KathyA999
on 12/5/15 6:27 pm

I think "Flashdance"?

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 12/5/15 7:04 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Either one, I remember the movie Gremlins made fun of that movie too. I thought it was too funny!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

lking
on 12/7/15 12:30 pm - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 12/04/15

The movie is Flashdance. It's one of my favorites.

67 yrs old, 4'10", BMI 31.8 (51.8 at start), HW 256.4 (8/4/15), SW 217.4, CW 152.8 (4/30/18), GW 125.0, RNY 12/4/15 Dr. RoseMarie Jones, Breast Cancer DX 2/16, Bi-lateral mastectomy 8/9/16.