3 1/2 years post Bypass... burning lump on left side??

AMmmm
on 12/4/15 9:46 am

Hi,

I know you all aren't doctors but I was curious to know if any of you have the same or similar issue. I'm a few years out from my surgery now and really haven't had too many problems. I have this lump feeling under my rib on the left side for awhile now. Sometimes it bothers me more then other times, like sometimes bending over or doing sit-ups...there is a tightness...like a hard balling up in that area. Then other times it will just have a annoying burning pain while doing nothing. Last night it started that worst and the burning continues. I can feel a bump too. I know it isn't a pulled muscle. Ugh. Maybe my "old" stomach there? Any thoughts??

MickeyDee
on 12/4/15 9:16 pm

It sounds like you may be developing a hernia, perhaps in the area of the incision where the camera was inserted.  Get thee to your surgeon or your PCP.  Not a big problem, but one which is not wise to ignore.

I have had some issues with "burning" in one area and find that pressing gently on the spot seems to reduce the pain somewhat.  I might decide to do more if that stops working.

Grim_Traveller
on 12/5/15 5:42 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I don't really know either, but it sounds like you should make an appointment and get it checked out. Good luck.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.