No more food ... no more drink .. what NOW ?

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/15 3:28 pm

4-5 yrs post op I eat less than ever .  Usually I feel that iIm not eating at ALL compared to the daily feasts of the past ( that made me miserable and unhealthy I totally get that) .  My life is truly not centered around food much less excess food anymore .  Buffet meals are a thing of the past or a cruel joke where i can only eat a child's plate and squirm with the willies ( dumping) all the way home .  What fun .

I hate having to become more responsible for myself .  When i was binging round the clock ...i binged on tv shows too. ( for days and weeks literally !)Now i have to think about negotiating a more favorable a mortgage modification ( before I barely paid RENT much less owned my own beautiful forever home ) and maybe even  getting a JOB! 

Gosh i hate growing up ... how do YOU feel ? 

White Dove
on 12/3/15 4:23 pm - Warren, OH

I make sure that the little bit of food that I do eat is seasoned and delicious.  I take as much time cooking for myself as I used to spend cooking for a family.

Sometimes having a job can be a new lease on life.  I still think about going back to work if I found something I loved.  Don't wait too long on the mortgage change, it looks like rates will be going up.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

SkinnyScientist
on 12/3/15 5:14 pm

"Gosh i hate growing up ... how do YOU feel ? "

-I got comfortable with being uncomfortable. Somedays, I have the calories for a glass of wine OR protein. Mostly (i.e. 98% of the time) I do the responsible thing and pick the protein/food, but 2% of the time (i.e. rarely) I pick the wine.

I remind myself moment by moment of my goals. I pick choices consistent with my goals.

I challenge myself with new goals/workouts. When I get upset and want to eat my emotions, I see a counselor here at work, go for a run, or get ANOTHER workout in. ANYTHING to get me far far far away from food

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Ladytazz
on 12/3/15 10:59 pm

Buffet meals aren't a thing of my past.  Just went to one with the boyfriend today.  He likes them and he's paying so I don't feel like I am wasting money.

What I lack in volume I make up in variety.  I still worry that the manager is going to get on me about wasting food because no matter how little I take I still leave most of it behind.

I like being able to sample a little of whatever looks good.  Usually it is a little of all the meats and a little of the veggies.  I avoid the starches.  Just because it's available doesn't mean I have to have it.

I pretty much eat the same amount of food that I do with any meal, it is just a lot of different types of food.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

MsBatt
on 12/4/15 1:29 pm
On December 4, 2015 at 6:59 AM Pacific Time, Ladytazz wrote:

Buffet meals aren't a thing of my past.  Just went to one with the boyfriend today.  He likes them and he's paying so I don't feel like I am wasting money.

What I lack in volume I make up in variety.  I still worry that the manager is going to get on me about wasting food because no matter how little I take I still leave most of it behind.

I like being able to sample a little of whatever looks good.  Usually it is a little of all the meats and a little of the veggies.  I avoid the starches.  Just because it's available doesn't mean I have to have it.

I pretty much eat the same amount of food that I do with any meal, it is just a lot of different types of food.

Exactly. I LOVE buffets, because they allow me to taste everything!

Ladytazz
on 12/3/15 11:17 pm
Ladytazz
on 12/3/15 11:19 pm

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

sweetpotato1959
on 12/3/15 11:49 pm

Meeow3, 

But isn't it sweet,.. not to be hungry all the time! Isn't it sweet to have lost enough weight, you don't stand out as the Odd ball in any group?

Like White Dove, I decided that I would have at least two very special meals each week. Instead of getting cheapest cuts of meat for the family..I am able to by choice cuts for two, and I still get two meals from my portion. 

I try to find something, I can consider a treat every day... sometimes it's just a calcium chew instead of a caplet, and sometimes it is a cup of  a special tea, sweetened with stevia..I vary it, to break it up.

It takes time to learn to tell yourself NO! and mean it.. but  when you don't make it home or to a bathroom a time or two, it makes those choices a little easier....a truly unforget-able experience!   Growing up can be hard, but You can CHOOSE to make it fun as well. Healthy and well is even better!  :>)

Denise
crystal M.
on 12/4/15 7:25 am, edited 12/3/15 11:25 pm - Joliet, IL

My life then and now is so different. 

Then-  I was working a dead job I hated and a second job to make ends meet.  I rented one bedroom apartment.  I was single and truly felt like I would be alone forever...and was OK with that.  I was unhealthy and unfit.  A flight of stairs kicked my butt.

Now- I have ONE job that pays me more than my two jobs paid put together paid.  I own a great 3 bedroom house.  I am married to a kind, loving, supportive and wonderful man.  I am healthy and fit and can climb a dozen flight stairs or more!!! 

Sure sometimes I miss the freedom I had when I ate with pure abandon.  But the trade off is not worth it.  Every once in awhile I give myself a cheat day and that is all I need.  As far as buffets...blah.  I always found them gross...picked over food that everyone touched and breathed on...ick.  Really I'm having fun...it's been a ball.

What I truly hate about growing up is not having my Summers off and playing all day till the street lights came on!!!   

zann50
on 12/4/15 11:17 am