Cannot eat as usual.

Grim_Traveller
on 11/30/15 4:18 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

How about your enjoyment of other things? 

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

White Dove
on 11/30/15 5:34 pm - Warren, OH

I still enjoy "other things".

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Zee Starrlite
on 12/2/15 2:54 pm

some older people I know or have seen eat like beasts.  Honest I don't know how they digest so much food 

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

sweetpotato1959
on 12/4/15 9:40 am

Are you having any other issues? like gastritis or constipation,abdominal swelling/gas?...all these will change the appetite as well..systemic yeast will change appetite too.

.Don't be overly concerned, but until you know what caused the sudden appetite change, be vigilant. Once you figure out the cause/effect, it's an easy fix....and Sometimes, we find the fix first, then figure it out! :>)

When I have appetite loss, I go to cold high protein...like in shakes..for a day or so for most of my diet, nothing spicy, light meals.. and my stomach goes down and  appetite returns.(mine is usually  gastritis)Sometimes it is just food fatigue.

I agree with HALA B,   I also had a hybrid surgery, that is no longer done now..20 yrs ago...My pouch holds about 4-5  ounces on a good day, on a bad day..maybe 2-3.. liquid protein would be my  best option, and other foods like greek yogurt, to replace enzymes and cultures, I don't handle peanut butter well, but if you tolerate it, will give you an energy boost. If you can eat and tolerate oatmeal, try adding a tablespoon or so of peanut butter to it....or Coconut oil in the place of butter is a healthy option,(for a different day) use half the amount that you would need as butter, ..maybe 1/2 tsp.. My Mom loved it this way. cocnout oil is a 4 chain fat and actually crosses the blood  brain barrier to nourish your brain.

Make sure you are getting your calcium, D, C and B-complex, and monitor your Iron levels...and by that I don't mean watch them just go down, but take steps to keep them up. if they begin to drop, they won't build til you change something... and you might consider calcium citrate, the recent evidence has indicated those with gastric surgeries absorb it better than the other forms, that my Dr initially recommended.  Hope these ideas help  . take care....

Denise