Postop

mictariam7
on 12/4/15 2:58 am

Hi all!  I'm about a week and a half postop and doing good.  Surgery went great with no complications.  I can't say enough good things about the staff at Wood County Hospital. They were so great during my recovery.  I would recommend them and Dr. Lalor to anyone thinking about weight loss surgery.  Things went perfect and I'm feeling pretty good.  I'm up and about and doing activities already.  The weight is falling off pretty quickly too.  It seems like I am losing at least 1 to 2 pounds a day.  I'm amazed every time I step on the scale.  I'm just starting to feel hungry now and then so I'm a little anxious to start advancing my diet and get more protein in, plus I will probably have a little more energy. 

For those of you who have had the sleeve how long was it until you were feeling hungry? 

Thanks all. :)

M

Valerie G.
on 12/4/15 6:48 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I wasn't hungry for a good 6 months after my DS (with sleeve stomach).  You're supposed to feel run down.  As casual as we make all of this seem, you DID have a major surgery and you need to rest. It was nearly two months before I started feeling like myself again.  Right now, just make sure you're getting in 64oz of fluiids daily as a minimum.  Fatigue and nausea are two sure  signs of dehydration and it can hit fast.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

hollykim
on 12/4/15 8:51 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 4, 2015 at 10:58 AM Pacific Time, mictariam7 wrote:

Hi all!  I'm about a week and a half postop and doing good.  Surgery went great with no complications.  I can't say enough good things about the staff at Wood County Hospital. They were so great during my recovery.  I would recommend them and Dr. Lalor to anyone thinking about weight loss surgery.  Things went perfect and I'm feeling pretty good.  I'm up and about and doing activities already.  The weight is falling off pretty quickly too.  It seems like I am losing at least 1 to 2 pounds a day.  I'm amazed every time I step on the scale.  I'm just starting to feel hungry now and then so I'm a little anxious to start advancing my diet and get more protein in, plus I will probably have a little more energy. 

For those of you who have had the sleeve how long was it until you were feeling hungry? 

Thanks all. :)

M

the hunger could be acid. Are you taking a pic? Thirst also mimics hunger. Getting 64 oz of liquid a day?

mictariam7
on 12/4/15 3:14 pm

Thanks hollykim.  It might be either one.  Lord knows I try on the 64 oz but some days it's just not possible.  You might be right on the thirst those might be some of the days that I was shy of my 64 oz.