Help - not sure what is wrong...

brodi1234
on 11/29/15 3:26 pm

I had my lap band surgery in January 2014 and I have lost maybe 10lbs..

I had my last fill about 4-5 months ago and now I cannot keep anything down, everything I eat comes up. Despite all my discomfort and my

suffering I still am not losing weight. I cannot eat without running to the restroom straight after. Nevertheless, I am not losing any weight.

It looks like I am putting weight on. Since I am hungry when it comes up and I want to eat again.

What is wrong - I am so frustrated and understand that I am making wrong food choices but when I try to eat anything that is healthy like a salad or fish  i throw it up.. 

I am disgusted and frustrated..

White Dove
on 11/29/15 4:20 pm - Warren, OH

You might get some good advice if you post this on the Lap-Band Forum

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

brodi1234
on 11/29/15 5:36 pm

I just did - thanks

supershopper
on 11/29/15 4:29 pm

what have you been eating and how much?

also-what does the surgeon say? you probably need to go get checked out

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Eggface
on 11/29/15 4:31 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

We can take some guesses but the only one that can give you answers is your surgeon. Vomiting, discomfort and "suffering" is not normal and are signs something is wrong. I would ask him/her to rule out the band slipping which can cause many of the symptoms that you are describing but again it could be a multitude of issues, related or unrelated to your lap band. If it was a band slip it's not something you can let go... a little info: http://www.obesityaction.org/educational-resources/resource- articles-2/weight-loss-surgery/dear-doctor-i-think-my-band-s lipped-what-are-the-signs 

I hope you get the answer and are feeling better soon. Let us know!! There is a lap band forum here on OH if you haven't posted on it I would too but regardless... call your Dr.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

brodi1234
on 11/29/15 5:44 pm

I just posted there thanks...

The first few times the surgeon filled the band I felt nothing and did not lose weight either. After a few visits he did fill it more and that

is when I was not able to hold anything down. I call it suffering because it is awful to vomit every time you eat I am not able to go to other people's house to eat since right after I need to run to the restroom. All this and I still am not losing weight.

My surgeon will probably want to adjust my band which I am afraid will make it worse as far as losing weight. I am still not able to figure out why I am not losing weight if every single thing I eat I throw up..

kathkeb
on 11/29/15 6:48 pm

Please go see your surgeon.

i have a Realize Band and if I could not eat without vomit tin I would get some fill out.

i think of my band like a belt around the upper part of my stomach.  Even when not cinched tight, it is of some help .... When cinched accurately, it does its job, when cinched too thigh, it makes me uncomfortable to the point of pain.

you should always be able to eat a few ounces of lean, solid, well-chewed protein or your band is too tight, period.

forget about weight loss right now .... Get your band loosened.

you will probably find that a looser band will allow you to eat properly,

YOU still will have to choose to eat a 'bandster' way, which is to say, no liquid calories (except possibly low fat milk), lean, solid protein in small amounts and grains and carbs after the protein.

you have probably been relying on higher calorie, less dense slider foods because your band was too tight.  With a properly adjusted band, you should beagle to eat well, have your appetite dimmed and get back to losing weight.

Kath