1 Week Post-Op VSG and Galbladder Removal.

AG0529
on 11/23/15 2:08 pm
with

Hi everyone! I found this website during my research into a VSG and I have to say it is an excellent support source. 

I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself and also say hello to the members. :)

I had my VSG/Galbladder Removal on 11/18/15. It was a rough start the first few days as I am sure you all know if you have had it. I'm now out of the pain zone, but now it is the drinking/2nd stage foods I am trying to keep on top of. For anyone to think this journey is the easy way out, they are out of their minds. (I've heard it so many times and it makes me so upset when others dismiss it as being lazy.) Did I have buyers remorse in the beginning- absolutely. However, I took my eating habits for granted, and I finally had to do something about it. This has been the hardest week for me in lifestyle changes. I miss food- I'll say it, but I miss being healthy even more. 

For anyone out there going through this- how was your journey? Did you have your doubts? I just want to feel normal some day! I am 30lbs down including pre op diet weight loss and am excited for the future.

Even though the weight loss thus far has been a success, I feel like I'm separated from reality and normal living- does that make sense? I know it has only been a week, but does it get better?? Btw- what is this brick in the throat feeling? My goodness! It's hard to even drink sometimes from it.

Sorry for the rambling, my whole point was to just put myself out there in this support group and walk through the journey with others who also face the same obstacles. I wish each of you the best of luck in your journey and hope to be able to walk alongside you! 

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/15 3:50 pm

Hello

Welcome to this great place. Good luck in your journey.

I felt that brick in the throat feeling as well, I believe it was from the tube they force down the throat during surgery.

My RNY was in August, so I'm new also. I am down 85 pounds in the 82 days since my surgery, it is getting easier.

Getting through the liquid stage was kinda easy for me, although, the first time I got an egg for breakfast was sublime.

I too had "buyer's remorse". I believe that is natural. It gets better though. 

Good Luck friend.

Chanti_
on 11/23/15 9:51 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/24/15 with

Welcome to the club!  

It does get much better.

I can say I do feel normal and today is my two month surgiversery.   I have had no food intolerance's yet, I feel like I could eat anything I wanted.  That being said, I have stuck to protein first and carbs as vegetables and the rare few raspberries only, no bread, no pasta no potatoes.  No crap carbohydrates.  I still need to drink a protein shake once a day to meet my protein requirements.  Other then developing an intolerance for things that are sweetened it has been smooth sailing so far.  

My weight loss has been gradual on average 2lbs a week, which compared to many is slow.  But I am really trying hard not to compare myself to others on this journey.  This is my road and I need to walk it (briskly for the cardio  ) .

Good luck to you!

Tracy D.
on 11/24/15 10:05 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Welcome to the loser's bench!   You may want to check out the VSG surgery-specific forum.  You might get more responses from people who've had your same surgery.  

And yes, it gets better every single week.  The throat issue can be from the breathing tube that was inserted during surgery.  That gets a lot better too after a couple weeks.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15