What's your emergency plan for the T'Day Weekend? Come on, you may need one!

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/15 3:30 am

I plan on cooking so I can be in control of what is put on the table. I did make shrimp ****tails.

I have my sister in-law and her husband and one of her friends who is making pies. 

I am making the pumpkin dessert that's on the OH home page. I know if there is a lot left I will throw it away. 

I also am going to save the turkey leg for me. I am going to fix my plate first so I am not tempted to fill it up. 

There will always be a risky situation regardless of what time of the year it is. One day it's someones birthday or Super bowl. 

I tell myself I am not a human garbage can and it is okay to throw stuff away if they are not WLS friendly. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/15 5:24 am

Starting with the meat and staying away from starchy veggies is my plan...I will also bring some of my own food because my family doesn't really eat the way I do.  The issue for me is the sitting for hours, the talking and grazing...I wish my family actually did something on Thanksgiving to avoid all that.  It's a waste of time in my opinion.  I was going to actually not go and take my kids to a big local parade but my mother called and said she needed us to come, so we are.  However, I laid down the law and said next year we are going to the parade.  I am hoping this is the last year of being lazy and feeling like time has just slipped away for no good reason.  

crystal M.
on 11/23/15 9:45 am - Joliet, IL

I am on maintenance so I'm not trying to lose...but still need to be careful

I don't snack before the meal.  SO no appetizers.  I focus on turkey and then move on to some veggies.  And since I saved my cheat day for this day I am having dessert of some sort.  I drin****d tea or water.  That's my basic plan every year. 

Kathy S.
on 11/23/15 10:03 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I always make sure there are foods I can eat and if not take them with me.

Being so far out everyone doesn't think about my eating and always have clean foods

Instead of laying on the couch and thinking of seconds I move.  Going for a walk or bike ride is on the agenda.

Plan, Plan, Plan....

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130