Checking Out Other Hospitals and Surgeons

DahliaLady71
on 11/19/15 11:49 am

I found another hospital in my area that does WLS. It's closer to my home and it's not a big hospital that's affiliated with the Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center/Bowman Gray School of Medicine (that has its pros and cons). I called their main office and talked to a really friendly, helpful guy who gave me a lot of information on their surgical weight loss program. I am now signed up to attend their WLS information seminar on Wednesday, December 9. They're sending me an information packet in the mail. The best part is there's not an 18 month waiting list just to get into the program (for Medicaid patients) like there is at Baptist Hospital. To me, that's wonderful news because it means my surgical consultation will be sooner. I still, of course, have to meet with a psychologist and have all the required tests and be placed on a 3 month prescribed diet, but I'm feeling positive and I can't help but be excited! Now if I can just get my primary care doctor to write my letter of medical necessity. I can't see why she wouldn't do that and if she won't,  I'm willing to go see someone else. I've made up my mind about the WLS and it'll take something really major to change my mind.