Question for Patch Vitamin Users

SDenae
on 11/24/15 9:45 am - Greenwood, IN
VSG on 09/23/15

This was the response I got from my nut when I asked her whether I could/should take the patch vitamins.

"Good Morning Shannon,

Thank you for your questions. I have reviewed the patches from the webpage you provided. The multivitamin patch is NOT a complete multivitamin with minerals. Therefore, we would not recommend this as you need a complete one with all the essential vitamins and trace minerals in adequate amounts. Additionally, I looked at the calcium with vitamin D3 patch and it is the incorrect form of calcium which cannot be easily absorbed (calcium carbonate). You need the form calcium citrate with vitamin D3. ..."

Boo! I was really hoping to, at least, be able to take the multi in patch form since the chewables make me nauseous.

Age: 40 | Height: 5'3" | HW: 245 | Program Start: 231 | SW: 208.5 | CW: 148.2 | GW: 130
M1: 15 M2: 15 M3: 6.7 M4: 10 M5: 6.6 M6: 3.3

^ Total weight lost
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 11/24/15 9:51 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

He may be correct on the multi - PatchMd took off the statement that their multi exceeds ASMBS standards. 

I'm not sure he really thought through the calcium issue - it goes right into your blood stream so it does not have to be absorbed by your GI tract, so the cal carb vs cal cit may not be a big issue.  I would be interested in what he says when he thinks it over. 

Sharon

Valerie G.
on 11/25/15 4:27 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Calcium and iron fight against each other during digestion.  It's not an issue when absorbed transdermally.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes