Intestine Blockage

MeanStreak88
on 11/11/15 11:46 am - Opelika, AL

A few years ago I wen through something similar. It turned out to be a bowel constriction. As it would happen, scar tissue from an appendectomy I had when in 1985 had finally attached and grown around my large intestine. Definitely something to get fixed immediately!

sweetpotato1959
on 11/15/15 10:50 pm

You need to be seen by a surgeon right away...

If the one that did your surgery is still practicing , go to the ER that that Dr uses. Don't wait for an appointment! This has been going on too long already!  If that Dr is not practicing or is not available go to the hospital and get workup and tests, and consult with another surgeon .. If he/she is not familiar with your procedure they can call someone who is.... Do not go home until it is addressed...antibiotics will not fix this and everything in your system has got to be out of balance.

Dont leave the ER until your Dr or one of his associates sees you and is able to expalin exactly what is the problem. They should do flat plate x rays and other tests to verify you have flow thru your intestines. Make sure you tell them you have been constipated., can't eat or drink... Sounds like one of your connections has developed  a stricture/ adhesion/scar , but it could be many things,  Go with a packed bag and be prepared to stay.  

you can end up with dead peice of colon and intestinal fluids in the abdominal cavity.

DO NOT TAKE A LAXATIVE< it could kill you!

I had my first intestinal blockage at 8 years post op.

My second one was at 10 years. I have learned how to avoid the torsion if I am in gastritis episode.

Once you have this problem, you need to remain vigilant, and at the first sign of small BM/gastritis, address it immediately. 

Denise
Lady2This
on 11/20/15 8:23 am - NC

Greetings,

I am 5 years out and have been having the same problem off and on. When they went in to check I had a severe case of Hy pylori. They could not see the large portion of my stomach only my pouch and it was infected heavily. I was told if the smaller pouch was so infected that he was sure the larger portion of my stomach is really infected. I recently had another EGD to determine I have a small ulcer. You may want to suggest getting checked for H Pylori. I have lost weight and can not get my proteins in. I have now become soft and flabby. Good Luck