What Would You Do?

lbmg
on 11/12/15 8:45 pm

I was 3 years post op when I first tried it.

By: LBMG

Lap RNY: 10/15/2007

SW: 330 lbs.--CW: 206.4 lbs.--GW: 125 lbs.

LOST: 123.6 lbs. --81.4 lbs. to go!!!

Maria27
on 11/4/15 2:49 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

I have the same obsession, but bread causes me pain. I can only eat a small amount. I don't buy it, and I only allow myself to occasionally eat whole grain bread if it comes with something I order at a restaurant (i.e., as part of a sandwich or as a side). I've found that I no longer like white bread, but I love whole grain bread with seeds. I just keep it a minimum and select only the highest quality breads, which contain some protein and fiber to give them a small amount of redeeming value. I used to love white breads, but after not having them for an extended period of time they lost their appeal. Hubby keeps cheap bread around for himself, but it doesn't temp me anymore.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

crystal M.
on 11/4/15 3:05 pm - Joliet, IL

I live by mother's words....anything in moderation. I will eat what I want but limit myself. If I want a roll with butter I will have that but I will adjust my meal to accommodate this. Generally though I tend to crave dessert foods....LOL

NYMom222
on 11/4/15 3:20 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I love toast, especially when it is cold in winter. I keep my loaf of bread in the freezer so I am not tempted to have it regularly. If it is on the counter, I will do that. So yes, I do occasionally eat the bread and butter.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

mschwab
on 11/4/15 4:29 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

I look at the bread and butter at a restaurant the same way I look at the vase of flowers on the table. I would not take a flower out of the vase and eat it, and I would not pick up a piece of bread and eat it. Weird, but it works for me.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Ladytazz
on 11/4/15 5:04 pm

My problem isn't bread. Really my problem is me but besides that it seems that I have a problem with refined carbs and with things with gluten. A piece of white bread? I would never stop but a slice of gluten free bread doesn't phase me. In fact I stopped buying it because I threw more out then I ate. And it's damn expensive.

I was craving bagels so I got some gluten free bagels and keep them in the freezer. I found that the more I deny myself something the more I want it so I try to find ways to have things without eating sugar or gluten. I have found substitutes for most things and a few bites usually ends the cravings for a long time.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 11/4/15 7:25 pm

I was a breadaholic. For me, one slice would lead to a loaf so I skip it. Some people are great at moderation but I am not one of them.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Patrice
(PatriceMarieV1 on...

on 11/4/15 8:36 pm
RNY on 03/11/15

Mmmm Bread... I used too set way too much of it!

I will eat a little of whatever I want and then work hard not to make a habit of having it the next day and the day after that. Also, if it was the result of a craving for something that wasn't the best choice, I try to remind myself of any pain or nausea it may have caused so that I keep in mind that it probably will not be worth it the next time. I am slowly learning my lesson that certain foods, no matter how much my mind still thinks I love them, my new stomach/pouch doesn't feel the same. My mind still loves a big chunk of fresh bread. Unless I eat only a small amount, and eat it super slow, my pouch likes to reject said bread into the toilet accompanied by slime... I am trying to work on brainwashing myself into thinking that I don't like bread anymore. Most days that works. Then there are days like today where I just had to have a sandwich from Panera. I couldn't even eat half. At least I knew when to stop.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 11/4/15 7:18 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

You post indicates that you are 8 years post-surgery.  Is that correct? 

Sharon

lbmg
on 11/5/15 2:12 am

Yes, that is correct. I am 8 years post op.

By: LBMG

Lap RNY: 10/15/2007

SW: 330 lbs.--CW: 206.4 lbs.--GW: 125 lbs.

LOST: 123.6 lbs. --81.4 lbs. to go!!!