help

RevTeresa
on 11/3/15 3:37 pm

We went out to dinner this evening to our favorite Chinese restaurant . I ordered shrimp & Veggies in a white sauce. I ate 6 Shrimp ( small) AND a few bites of broccoli...I am miserable. Having a hard time keeping my food down. When I blech I bring up white foamy stuff. Any suggestions?

rocky513
on 11/3/15 4:00 pm - WI

You ate too much, didn't chew enough, or you ate too fast. There is nothing you can do but wait it out.

How far out from surgery are you? 6 shrimp (if they are the size at the Chinese place in my town) and some broccoli sounds like a lot of food! I don't think I could eat that much until I was over a year out from surgery, and I would still have been uncomfortable.

Are you measuring your portions sizes and following your surgeon's guidelines for how many ounce you should be eating? I have no idea how far out from surgery you are, but measuring and staying within the guidelines is essential. You can not trust your stomach to accurately tell you when you are full. It takes months for the nerves in your stomach to re-connect.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

HKT53
on 11/3/15 4:29 pm - Toronto, Canada

Im guessing there was MSG in the food. Sip water all night long and wait it out. Careful how the food is made and look up MonoSodiumGlutimate. Depends how far out you are bu****ch out for Glutins, Sugars and Carbs.

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

HKT53
on 11/3/15 4:31 pm - Toronto, Canada

That last comment was not intended to say anything more than "bu****ch out". Sorry stars got in the way.

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

ChristineB
on 11/3/15 5:21 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On November 3, 2015 at 11:37 PM Pacific Time, RevTeresa wrote:

We went out to dinner this evening to our favorite Chinese restaurant . I ordered shrimp & Veggies in a white sauce. I ate 6 Shrimp ( small) AND a few bites of broccoli...I am miserable. Having a hard time keeping my food down. When I blech I bring up white foamy stuff. Any suggestions?

These new profiles stink! I cannot even find out where you are pre or PO.

My DH and I are 12 years out each (RNY) and we cannot eat that much that you had. Also, more than likely you have eaten way too fast. Savor your food!

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 11/4/15 5:10 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

The white foamy stuff tells you that you ate too much/too fast/did not chew enough. It happened to me shortly after WLS. You will learn to eat in a way to avoid it.

If you are regurgitating 'real vomit' - that is a real problem. See your surgeon if it keeps up.

Sharon