The new profiles blow

MelissaKay_69
on 11/3/15 4:17 am

I've been trying to upload a profile pic and it just won't do it. Love the old one better.

iloveravens
on 11/3/15 5:44 am
RNY on 08/13/14

Where can I see BMI? I searched my profile and can't find it...?

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/3/15 2:47 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

It looks like it took a walk into cyberspace, that's the first thing I noticed that had disappeared with the new profile. It's just another item that we as members have no say in whether it stays, goes or make it damn difficult to find.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Watson
on 11/3/15 3:11 pm
VSG on 06/08/10 with

I feel the same way as you do. It dose seem like the profile has stepped backward. There're stuff/things that are missing on the new updated profile since the update that are no longer their, the old profile has more than the new profile has, I want the old profile back OH.

Highest Weight: 565 pounds (around 1999), Highest BMI: 94

Pre-op Weight: 476.40 pounds (2 weeks before {05/25/2010} VSG surgery), Pre-op BMI: 79.3

Lowest Weight: 153.5 pounds (as of 07/10/2013), Lowest BMI: 25.5

Current Weight: 350.75546 pounds (351 lb 0 oz./159.1 kilograms (as of 04/22/2019), Current BMI: 58.3

Shravan Panyam
on 11/3/15 3:11 pm, edited 11/3/15 7:19 am - Irvine, CA

Hi GeekMonster,

My name is Shravan, and I'm with the IT team here at OH. I know we've been a little quiet, but know that we HAVE been listening all of your concerns and taking them to heart. We are working on fixing all of these issues and making changes to improve your experience.

First, I would also like to explain our overall direction with the new profiles:

1. Ease of Use - In the old profile, display and management were split into separate places. Want to manage your blog posts? Go to /myoh/blog/. Want to track your goals? Go to /myoh/goals/. Managing photo albums? Go to /myoh/photos/. Avatar? /myoh/settings/. Profile appearance? /myoh/settings/ again. It took 3 or 4 clicks to get to where you needed to go, and that is slow for long term members and confusing for new ones. Now, you can do a lot of this directly in the profile.
  2. Support Wall - A very important part of ObesityHelp, which is giving support and encouragement, got totally buried at the far bottom left of the old profiles. It was a mistake in design, and now we are bringing that back front and center. This brings me to the second point.
  3. More welcoming to new members - We want to make sure that the first page people see after registration feels welcoming and helps them to hit the ground running. For this, we have a very handy tour for your profile (if you don't see it, you can click Replay Tour from the gear dropdown in the header; it only shows up when looking at your profile).
  4. Newer Technology - The old profiles we had were built with old technology that was clunky and difficult to maintain or fix. This new profile will allow us to quickly add/remove/change things and make them feel much more alive than before. And we are very open for your suggestions for improvement.

That said, we are in the process of rolling out a lot of fixes and concrete changes to address all of your concerns. I have posted a separate sticky post where we will be keeping track of all things in the pipeline: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/5372058/Upcoming-Fixe s-and-Changes-to-ObesityHelp-Nov-2015-Edition/

To answer your immediate concern, you can indeed customize the look of your new profile.

1. When you go to your profile, a new "magic wand" will appear on the top right, in your Omnibox. If you click that, you can choose among some pre-made themes or customize your own.
  2. To customize it to your own liking, click on the right-most white square (yeah, this part is confusing right now, we're going to make it clearer).
  3. You can then drag and drop photos from your computer to set as your background, change menu colors, font colors, etc. :)

We at ObesityHelp are committed to see to it that we stick to our roots, which is all about the personal touch. And to that end, I am personally committed to being here and working with each of you regularly to make sure your experience with using the site is a happy one. If you or anyone else ever has questions or needs help, let me know.

I look forward to work with all of you.

Regards,
Shravan

ObesityHelp Developer