would you do it again?

Neesie57
on 11/4/15 6:35 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

Oh Hayell Yes!!!!!! Again and again if I had to!

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Racewalker48
on 11/4/15 8:17 pm
RNY on 02/17/14

Without hesitation, yes.

Patrice
(PatriceMarieV1 on...

on 11/4/15 9:02 pm
RNY on 03/11/15

Yes. No regrets other than not doing it earlier. I kept telling myself for almost 2 decades that I could lose it on my own. And I did. Over and over.... Only to regain. I gave myself a deadline - if I didn't get a handle on it by the time I was 40 I would consider doing the "extreme"... surgery.

I continued to yo-yo so I finally started the process. Then, after almost 6 months of going through the process, the surgeon's office called to schedule my surgery. Around that same time, my 4-year old son was diagnosed with a rare, life-threatening, illness and I had to cancel surgery. I didn't think I would ever be able to do it after that.

After almost 2 years in and out of hospitals with my son, and a bone marrow transplant later, I had decided that I just couldn't risk having the surgery. Then, something just clicked and I realized I HAD to do it. I HAVE to be around for my son until he is old enough to understand his medical condition and what he needs to be aware of for the rest of his life. I had to get the weight off! Once I made the decision to move forward, all I kept thinking was, I made it through such a tough time with my son that this is nothing! I can do just about anything after that!

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 11/5/15 2:37 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Everything moved fast for me too, so when I woke up post op, I checked in with myself to see if I "buyers remorse."  My brain was in a fog, so it took me awhile to sort out my thoughts.  Here's what I thought.  It was like going to someplace I wanted to go for a long time - like Paris.  You buy the tickets 6 months in advance, got on the flight, claimed your luggage at the airport, checked into the hotel, but it's not until you wake up the next morning, look out the window and see the Eiffel Tower that you really say, "Hurray, I'm really in Paris."  That is how I felt.  Even in Paris not everything is perfect and I've had my share of challenges.  But I am in Paris and enjoying it.

Also, when I felt the first relaxation response from the sedative, I looked at the clock and it was 7:42m.  I thought 742, my new lucky number!   (I haven't won anything, but I've lost 106 pounds!!)

Best of luck to you, after checking in to see how you feel, concentrate on following instructions so your future is as healthy as possible.

Sharon

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 11/4/15 6:39 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Everything moved fast for me too, so when I woke up post op, I checked in with myself to see if I "buyers remorse."  My brain was in a fog, so it took me awhile to sort out my thoughts.  Here's what I thought.  It was like going to someplace I wanted to go for a long time - like Paris.  You buy the tickets 6 months in advance, got on the flight, claimed your luggage at the airport, checked into the hotel, but it's not until you wake up the next morning, look out the window and see the Eiffel Tower that you really say, "Hurray, I'm really in Paris."  That is how I felt.  Even in Paris not everything is perfect and I've had my share of challenges.  But I am in Paris and enjoying it.

Also, when I felt the first relaxation response from the sedative, I looked at the clock and it was 7:42m.  I thought 742, my new lucky number!   (I haven't won anything, but I've lost 106 pounds!!)

Best of luck to you, after checking in to see how you feel, concentrate on following instructions so your future is as healthy as possible.

Sharon

Cheryl Denomy
on 11/5/15 7:07 am - Oshawa, Canada

Oh hell yes -- and about ten years before I did.

Which is not to say that I wasn't a little apprehensive going in -- that's perfectly normal.  And, face it, we're so used to failing -- haven't we failed at every single diet we ever tried? -- that I was afraid this wasn't going to work either.

And I think it's important to remember that this surgery should never be the first step you take -- IMHO, it's the absolute last resort to finally get one's morbid obesity under control.  It's not like we want to lose 10 pounds so we can fit into our size 4 bikini at the pool party this weekend -- we want to lose 50, or 100, or 200, or 500 pounds so we can bend over without fainting, stop taking an entire pharmacy's worth of medication several times a day so our heart doesn't explode or our arteries rupture from high blood pressure, and walk more than three steps without being so winded we require medical attention.  Bottom line, it's to save our lives.

So yes, I do it again.  In a heartbeat, right now.

The Salty Hag
on 11/5/15 7:21 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Absolutely.

While I DO wish I'd done it sooner, looking back...if I'd had WLS when I first wanted to, in 2008, I think I'd have failed the surgery. I was not in the proper mindset at that time. I think I had it at the perfect time for me.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Bonroxie19
on 11/5/15 9:22 pm

Best thing I ever did for myself.  

Bonnie RNY 2/11/15 by Dr. Takahaski

5'3" SW 230 pounds, GW per Dr. Takahaski 150 pounds, CW 132 pounds (10/1/17)

BMI 19% Bod Pod test 1/29/17 13.1 mile half marathon, 1 hour 59 mins (8/21/2017)

Mathew M.
on 11/6/15 12:14 am

In a New York minute.  If I had to do it without anesthesia.  If the surgeon had to do it with a cold, dull spoon.  If I had to pay out of pocket.  

No regrets.  Best gift I ever gave myself.  Wish I had done it sooner.

49 years old, male.

5'11", HW:306, SW:284, CW:194.5, Goal:195lbs.VSG 6/19/15, Dr. Scott Cunneen at Cedars Sinai, Los Angeles.

MassHockey
on 11/7/15 12:30 pm

Im only 5 weeks removed from RNY but my answer is ' Yes!  Definitively YES!'.  I already know how life changing this was for me.