would you do it again?

AngryViking
on 11/4/15 9:36 am
RNY on 07/17/14

And twice on Sundays.

Nic M
on 11/4/15 9:59 am

I had the Lap Band done and I'd never in a million years, for any amount of money, for any reason whatsoever, go through that pain again. So, I'll be the one who says, "No way would I do it again."

However, I'd undergo a different form of WLS, yes. Just NO to the Lap Band. I think the Sleeve, RnY, and DS are good options, as long as you choose the one that best suits your life and you choose a qualified and skilled surgeon.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Deanna798
on 11/4/15 10:03 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I thought about it for years before i took that first step. I'm a huge procrastinator, and put it off. I'm 2 months post op today, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

cmarylose
on 11/4/15 10:17 am

Yes, oh, yes. Follow your plan and it works.

Kathy S.
on 11/4/15 10:25 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Even with complications....

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/15 10:28 am

I'd do it again in a heartbeat too. Waited several years after first wanting to do it because my husband didn't want me to and I was self pay. Eventually I told him I was doing it no matter what he thought and would use some money I had inherited to pay for it. He said he had watched me over those years and agreed I should do it and he would even be happy for the payment to be from our money. he has been and is my biggest supporter. Yes it is work but it has made possible something that wasn't before. losing weight and keeping it off.

Jenn77p
on 11/4/15 3:39 pm
RNY on 08/07/15

YES YES YES! best decision I ever made! I wish I didn't chicken out the first time. After having canceled my surgery one week prior to surgery, two years later well. I did it. And I am so happy.

Jenn 77 p

Eggface
on 11/4/15 4:05 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

9 years, 4 months, 15 days. No regrets and would do it again in a nanosecond.

Wishing you peace of mind and smooth sailing.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

mschwab
on 11/4/15 4:34 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

In a red hot minute!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

crissiehonaker
on 11/4/15 5:35 pm

My surgery was the 23rd of MARCH in 2003. My highest weigh was over 500 pounds. I have been through all the pain of of plastics and the depression of thinking it would never be over. I would do it all over in a heartbeat. I am 52 years old. I now for the first time in my life wear size 8 jeans. Not the stretchy kind, the real honest to God denim Levi's. I have a lot of other medical problems that I was born with that I don't need to depress you with, but as for the weight loss,I saved my life with it. If I needed a kidney transplant to save my life, I would not have questioned it. I think we need to think the same way about this kind of procedure. I know I would not be here for my kids now if I had not had the courage to do it then.