OH site....less activity?

zann50
on 11/3/15 5:18 am

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice there appears to be much less activity on this site? Like new topics and posts are diminished.

Maybe the OH updates created new forums I have not located thus far. Oh well, just seems like activity is down compared to other sites.

crqvingchange
on 11/3/15 5:45 am

I noticed that as well in the past month.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

hl1524
on 11/3/15 6:00 am - Austin, TX

Updates that remove functionality have people going elsewhere.

RNY 8/27/2014

Tracy D.
on 11/3/15 6:17 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I can't link to replies to my posts from email anymore and it's a gigantic PITA to come back on here, go up to my notifications and search for the posts where I have replies. And it's still a gigantic PITA to try and post anything from my tablet or phone. And we STILL have huge issues with posting pics. And the new profiles suck, suck, suck. So I'm not sure what was "upgraded" as far as functionality goes

So yeah - there's reason for the lack of activity on the boards. Make it difficult and people will find other places to go.

P.S. I also hate, hate, hate that active threads for different boards aren't posted on the main page anymore. I read this was supposed to be fixed but when??

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

zann50
on 11/3/15 6:56 am

TracyD. I can't agree with you more! I finally stopped using my ipad to post...dropped mid-sentence too many times! Update health tracker, I can't even find it. Kathy was kind enough to post pic on my profile. But where is the other helpful info on each of us? Like date of surgery, type, physician etc.

I love this site and at 10 months out, it has been my "go-to" for Q&A and advice. I now find myself at other sites becoming more familiar each day with new "WLS folks"....frustration is a deal breaker for most of us.

Again, I mean no disrespect to bloggers, but this is not what I wish the initial homepage to be!

RANT over

cheapskate
on 11/3/15 8:26 am
RNY on 03/30/15

what other sites do you frequent? I would like to visit more.

Kathy S.
on 11/3/15 1:49 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
On November 3, 2015 at 2:56 PM Pacific Time, suzanne R. wrote:

TracyD. I can't agree with you more! I finally stopped using my ipad to post...dropped mid-sentence too many times! Update health tracker, I can't even find it. Kathy was kind enough to post pic on my profile. But where is the other helpful info on each of us? Like date of surgery, type, physician etc.

I love this site and at 10 months out, it has been my "go-to" for Q&A and advice. I now find myself at other sites becoming more familiar each day with new "WLS folks"....frustration is a deal breaker for most of us.

Again, I mean no disrespect to bloggers, but this is not what I wish the initial homepage to be!

RANT over

Hi suzanne R,

Sorry you are so frustrated, let me try and help :-)

To update the Health Tracker click the icon that looks like a mountain under the message icon.

When you click your user name to take you to your profile you will see your date of surgery, type and surgeon. It should also show on your posts as well.

Profile view

Here is a link of a video that came out at the time of the launch. See if this will help you. http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/announcing-new-profiles- and-member-tools

I am always here to help!

Regards,

Kathy

Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

zann50
on 11/3/15 4:21 pm

Thank you, I am not techno savvy. I hope this is just a learning curve! I guess I have become acccustomed to navigating OH with one method.

Maybe there are tips for new updates using the search engine. I haven't looked.

Again, Kathy S. Thank you

Zann

VGS- 2015

Kathy S.
on 11/3/15 6:00 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Let me know what I can help you with. You can PM me or email at [email protected]

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 11/3/15 8:27 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Exactly.

I don't read anyone's blog. Moving them to the main page is a waste of time. I think people are more interested in active threads rather than blogs which are abundant on the interwebs. People don't answer your questions on blogs.

For newbz, finding forums isn't easy. I believe this is the cause for the downturn in site traffic. Look at any other site that targets weight loss. They recognize COMMUNICATION WITH OTHERS is the tantamount reason why people stay on their site.

Profiles used to provide a quick snapshot of members. Now they are basically useless.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220