Side Left to back stomach pain, Has this happen to you

sunshinespring
on 10/30/15 8:14 am - Bay Area, CA

Good morning from California!

I have a pain going for two days, not a super strong pain but definitively bugs me and last night it woke me up a couple of times,

its on the bottom of my ribs going to the back,

Has anyone had this happen?

Will be seeing a doctor until next week,

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/15 11:35 am

Think we need a little more info. Have you had surgery? If so which surgery and when? Hope you are soon feeling better.

NerdySquirrel
on 10/30/15 12:38 pm

This almost sounds like kidney, but definitely more info needed. Hang in there!

HW: 378 | 1st Consult: 363 | Surgery: 339 | CW: 182

"We all have two lives. The second begins when we realize we only have one."

rocky513
on 10/30/15 4:23 pm - WI

Do you still have your gallbladder? Pain that radiates from the front around to your back is a classic gallbladder attack symptom.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

ChristineB
on 10/30/15 5:42 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On October 30, 2015 at 3:14 PM Pacific Time, sunshinespring wrote:

I have a pain going for two days, not a super strong pain but definitively bugs me and last night it woke me up a couple of times,

As another poster asked - do you still have your gall bladder and have you had WLS yet?

Classic gall bladder attacks start right in the middle underneath the breasts where the ribs meet and then the pain radiates to the right side (where the pancreas is at) and "camps" out in your back opposite from where it started. I was stupid and let my gall bladder attacks (1991) go without care and ended up in the hospital for 117 (one hundred and seventeen days) with pancreatitis.

Have it checked out.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

ChristineB
on 10/30/15 5:44 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On October 30, 2015 at 3:14 PM Pacific Time, sunshinespring wrote:

Could also be a UTI and/or diverticulitis. Just had that 6 weeks ago.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

MommaC53
on 10/30/15 6:29 pm

Yes!! I am just over three weeks post-op and I have that same exact pain. My seemed to be constant. I went to see my pcp, he did a urine dip and an abdominal X-ray. Everything was good. My personal opinion is that it's from lack of exercise maybe.the pain is lots better ?

Doingrightin2015
on 11/1/15 7:00 am
RNY on 03/10/15

If you are early out from surgery...a few weeks. This could be normal. I had some pain like that where it almost felt like something was pinching. My doctor said as long as the pain didn't come and stay it was normal to have some for a little while.

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170