Beginning my Journey!!

ParieGurlie
on 10/28/15 10:42 pm

Hello, my name is Paris and I'm new to site. Im taking the steps to start my weight lost journey. In my teenage years until now I've been heavy. But not like the way I am now. Like alotnof people I e tried and tried and tried. I've always thought about weight lost surgery but it was always a thought that came and went. Last year I gave it my all with weight lost but for some reason I can not get the weight off. I've decided to go forth with the weight lost sugery. I'm starting to feel the effects of this weight on my body and I honestly can't take it anymore. There are a million reasons why I need to lose weight but mainly it's because the weight is effecting my health.

Blah blah I'm bad at these things. I'm here to connect with people, to help, to celebrate in mine and everyone else's success. I'm excite to make this journey!!

Kathy S.
on 10/29/15 8:45 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Welcome to OH Pariegcurlie

Congratulations on taking control of your life and your weight loss journey. We suggest you research all your options for WLS and OH is the right place for that. Once you have reviewed your options surgery wise and decided on one then your next step is to find a surgeon. We can help you with that and you can reach us at [email protected] ?? Here are some links that will be helpful in your research. ?If you have not done so, contact your insurance company and verify if they cover WLS and if so what procedures.? If you have Medicaid and or Medicare, contact them to verify if they cover WLS, if so, what procedures and if there are any pre-surgery qualifications you have to meet. Ask for a list of surgeons in your area that take your insurance then we can assist you with contacting those surgeons on your behalf to get you started on your journey! Let us know if you need anything else. Regards, Kathy Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Kahula
on 10/29/15 11:13 am

Hi Paris, today I made my first entry too. If you can even call it that. It was a video I created to tell my friends and family what my plans were. All of us are starting some where. And I'm not gonna lie to you, there are going to be some tough times. But, the good thing is you and I are both strong enough to make it through them. We can be healthy. We are going to succeed. I'm working on finding things to do to make the time pass. Maybe that would help you too. Just remember, eating healthy isn't a bad thing. The food is good. And I bet you may just be surprised to see, that you have had the strength this whole time, you just saved it all up for now. ~Kahula

Joytothemoon
on 10/29/15 11:41 am
RNY on 12/14/15

I'm glad to see you here! I started my RNY journey back in July, I had to complete the wrought loss surgery program for my hospital. That consisted over various meetings with dietitians social workers and medical treating, I also had to lose 30lbs before meeting with the surgeon. I've got a meeting scheduled with my surgeon on next Tuesday! Forest 33lbs gone and never ever ever coming back on. It's already been really hard, but knowing I'll have help soon keeps me going. From everything that I've seen, read and discussed with people this is the best decision that a person in our situation could make. I'm looking forward too the journey! Happy for you!

Joytothemoon

sherekiameadows
on 11/3/15 2:44 am

Hey Paris, My name is Sherekia and I joined the site today. I have today decided that I need to take this weight loss journey to another level by having wls. I am new to everything and love the support group and have noticed that everyone is very supportive in the weight loss process. I really just want to make the right decision and hope that I can be that healthy sexy athlete I once was.