On my way now...

beryalex
on 10/29/15 3:41 pm - Detroit, MI

Hello OH family. I had RNY surgery on Monday, October 26, 2015 and I'm home now recovering and learning how to manage the sipping, walking and taking meds and nutrients. I'm not uncomfortable since being able to release gas, LOL! I'm a little overwhelmed by all the protein and water to get in when there is no desire to do so. But, I'm confident that each day will get better. I set a goal today to get one full protein shake down and I did! Tomorrow I'll try for 2. I'm sipping on my Crystal Light throughout the day but am no where near 64 ounces. But I know I will get better at this each day. Thanks for your support.

cher22
on 10/29/15 4:29 pm - Oak Park, IL

awwww your doing fine sweets!!! Yes every day gets easier as you adjust to your pouch life

peaceful blessed days to you

Quiltingnonnie
on 10/29/15 4:41 pm

Congratulations! Enjoy the journey. I hope you feel better everyday.

Erosie23
on 10/29/15 5:54 pm

Hello! I am glad you have been able to pass that air! I had the sleeve done on Tuesday. I too am struggling with the fluids and getting the air out. I have been walking and taking the gas ex. What else can I do? I know walking is the best but that's so hard to do. I feel like the air is in my chest but I cannot beltch!! Have you experienced this?

beryalex
on 10/29/15 6:27 pm - Detroit, MI

OMG yes! Keep walking and the air will begin to move. Congratulations!

lking
on 10/29/15 6:24 pm - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 12/04/15

You definitely got this! Keep up the good work.

67 yrs old, 4'10", BMI 31.8 (51.8 at start), HW 256.4 (8/4/15), SW 217.4, CW 152.8 (4/30/18), GW 125.0, RNY 12/4/15 Dr. RoseMarie Jones, Breast Cancer DX 2/16, Bi-lateral mastectomy 8/9/16.

tpaq1972
on 10/29/15 6:49 pm - Canada

Good job! I too had surgery on the 26th. I got home late last night. I thought the gas was going to kill me! Better now that I am at home.

I managed to get 1 full protein shake (355 ml I think), 1 full protein water (approx 300 ml) and maybe another 175 ml of plain water as well as all of my vitamins. It was only 55 grams of protein which I think is okay this early but am I getting enough liquid all together? I am trying very hard but...wow, I found this hard. How much liquid and proteins were you able to get down today?

Anybody else remember there first day home?

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/15 8:11 pm

I do because it was only about 2 months out for me. I had the RNY on August 26th. I remember calling my nutritionist about a week out crying because I felt like a failure. I wasnt able to drink anywhere near 64 oz of water. What I did though to get my protein was concentrated the heck out of my shakes. Id do a full scoop in my 4 oz of skim milk. That might not work for everyone, but it made me feel like I wasnt looking at a never ending cup of shake LOL. BTW my nutritionist told me I was doing fine. You're not going to get get that much liquid down at first. Just sip constantly and good luck!