Does a high protein diet make you age faster ?

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 10/28/15 5:05 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13
On October 28, 2015 at 7:10 PM Pacific Time, meeow3 wrote:

According to her husband, housekeepers nannies and maids Nigella also does a heck of a lot of coke ... on that note maybe we should all just get high ( jes kidding jes kidding ) .

If I COULD I would post a bodyshot of the braindead but totally ripped and hot longterm vegetarian/vegan animal activist actress who owns the brownstone next door. .who's around 72 but who ( ever so casually) owns the perfect body of a 25 yr old .. a BEAUTIFUL 25 year old ...

Her psychiatrist ex husband literally used to hang himself n the fence between us to do uside-down yoga ... and walked his ( equally brainless also tailless ) cat topless and barefoot on a leash around the block I kid you not . A lot of people thought he was homeless

I remember Gillian. Wasn't she born with an incorrectable serious spinal defect who's co-symptoms are progeria-like ( though milder ) ? I think she's done AMAZING things and I really liked her show which tried very much to help an obese society as opposed to Nigella's which mostly helped herself ...

If you're looking for the fountain of youth, your 72 year old neighbor with the body of a 25 year old might be the place to start.

Or maybe she's had plastic surgery, which is far more likely.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Grim_Traveller
on 10/29/15 6:10 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Fountain of youth? I imagine if I started dating a 72 year old, I would absolutely feel young.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

cptprkchp
on 10/29/15 9:43 am

This time I am wiping off sugar snap peas and peppers from my laptop screen. Thanks, Grim... my laptop has never been so alternately gross and clean.

Grim_Traveller
on 10/29/15 10:19 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good to see you stranger! How are you?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/28/15 2:46 pm

A MAN who extended his life span by avoiding processed meats bitterly regrets having done so, it has emerged.

103-year-old Roy Hobbs never ate sausages, bacon or black pudding apart from a one-off fried breakfast which he admits was mind-bendingly delicious.

He said: "I am over a century old, partly because I've exercised extreme self-control when it comes to my base desire for meat.

"Many times I've been tempted. One time in Birmingham train station I actually bought a burger and raised it to my salivating mouth, but never took a bite.

"Only once, while staying in a corporate hotel for work, did I succumb to a frantic bout of pleasure with a full breakfast buffet. I had fourteen sausages. Afterwards I lay on my bed for two and a half hours, sweaty but elated."

Hobbs admitted that, despite living to an impressive age, he still thinks about meat with a sense of regret: "I am old now, and frankly it is **** But it's too late to eat a steak because I have no teeth.

"If I could I would appear to my younger self as an apparition and say 'eat burgers, and meat pies too'. But in a deep ghost-y voice so that it sounded convincing."

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/15 2:05 am

Good one HALA good one :)

I wish this guy were true ... I'd never eat meat again . And yes my hot but brain dead veggie neighbors are totally real characters ... and their raw/vegan cashew based tofu dip doesn't taste bad either ... its just an alien lifestyle but couild it possibly be worth it ?

There are a lot of (now dead or deathly sick) yes I dread to go there too people on this website who didn't think giving up fast food as a major food group was important either ...

sweetpotato1959
on 10/28/15 4:01 pm

If you don't get the weight off ,it is a sure thing you will DIE faster, so I chose surgery and a high protein diet.

Pumpkin_Spice
on 10/28/15 6:20 pm - BARRIE, Canada

I think it's the difference in proteins that you choose that may make the difference in health. A greasy burger vs chicken breast. Hot Dogs vs Tuna. After surgery we may eat high protein but we don't eat 2 or even 3 burgers at a time like we used too or like "normal" people do. We eat a lot of veggies and take several vitamins/minerals. I'm sure high protein, low carb is better than how I used to eat (large bag of chips, fast food and chocolate bars)

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/15 2:10 am

Excellent point there PS. I too used to take advantage of " coupons" at nurger places etc... then I saw the way my fellow clever couponers LOOKED and decided NO MAS. I'm not advocating anything extreme ... just perhaps pushing myself further in the direction of healthy and right and low glycemic index.. because life is way too short to learn your lessons at ninety .

zann50
on 10/29/15 4:43 am

I will take my chances with protein every day every year if it keeps the weight off and allows me to LIVE without statins, b/p meds or all the above known as metabolic syndrome...I do not eat much chicken. When I do, it is free-range as well as beef is grass fed, hormone-free and not injected with antibiotics. It is worth the money....considering I eat so much less.