Does a high protein diet make you age faster ?

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/15 7:59 am

I just can't help wondering whether the high=protein diet is just a way to stave off hunger and cravings , to keep from regaining a few lbs and whether its dangerous .

You have to factor in that as we lose quickly post op the fat cells are releasing TREMENDOUS amounts of stored-up toxins into our bloodstreams . These cause cancer ... no joke .

At the very least I think we should be talking about the negative effects of the high-protein diet combined with releasing fat -stored toxins in rapid weight loss what we can do to stave them off ( like sweating out the impurities through sauna )

I too drank protein coffee in the beginning . If this lifelong dangerous diet is to keep off twenty lbs ... maybe the surgery should have been more malabsorptive in the first place ...

all I know is I'm not willing to risk my organs , the integrity of my bones and teeth or my overall health or longevity .

Valerie G.
on 10/28/15 11:39 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It sounds like you just argued yourself out of WLS - so you can move on from here. Being morbidly obese, our bodies are already at risk. Even if we cannot cure everything, there are plenty of perfectly healthy post-ops that are living the counter-argument, including me.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/28/15 1:08 pm
RNY on 08/05/19
On October 28, 2015 at 2:59 PM Pacific Time, meeow3 wrote:

I just can't help wondering whether the high=protein diet is just a way to stave off hunger and cravings , to keep from regaining a few lbs and whether its dangerous .

You have to factor in that as we lose quickly post op the fat cells are releasing TREMENDOUS amounts of stored-up toxins into our bloodstreams . These cause cancer ... no joke .

At the very least I think we should be talking about the negative effects of the high-protein diet combined with releasing fat -stored toxins in rapid weight loss what we can do to stave them off ( like sweating out the impurities through sauna )

I too drank protein coffee in the beginning . If this lifelong dangerous diet is to keep off twenty lbs ... maybe the surgery should have been more malabsorptive in the first place ...

all I know is I'm not willing to risk my organs , the integrity of my bones and teeth or my overall health or longevity .

The concept of "toxins" is scientific BS. And sweating isn't doing jack to get anything out of your body.

There are many things that cause cancer: genetic mutations, tobacco, too much sun, radiation, and-- get this-- being obese.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/15 5:41 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

Preach on, my woo-fighting sistah!

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/15 2:20 am

Sweating is proven way to get toxins out . I personally know ex-weight lifters / pro atheletes ( particularly ex football players ) and wrestlers who were basically given up on by their doctors due to dozens of years of steroid abuse ( which often results in liver cancer ... incurable leukemia etc.. ) *****gained their health and normal life expectancy through sauna.

I SAW this as the gym floor manager in a very trendy Manhattan health club . .This is not anecdotal in any way but you can see the people the problem and the simple solution on U tube ..

I'm just very grateful that God gave us a way out from the chronic effects of self abuse . Wether its legal or illegal drugs or "lost " pesticide -laden huge amounts of cheap food ... sweating the toxins out gives us a second chance at a happy long and painless life . What's not to like ?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/29/15 4:04 am
RNY on 08/05/19

YouTube is anecdotal. Find a legit doctor or scientist and enough cases/patients to prove that the effect is not completely random, and I'll consider it.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

MAchick
on 10/29/15 8:32 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

OMG obesity is pretty much a common denominator in predisposing factors for many types of cancer.

Modest_Phoenix
on 10/31/15 6:29 pm

I plan on following a plant based diet after WLS, but will need to supplement most of my protein through powders and shakes. For a year or so after surgery I will be using whey protein. After reaching my goal and learning maintenance I may move into a vegan diet using plant based protein powders. I highly suggest contacting Dr. Matthew Weiner and Dr. Garth Davis. Both can be reached through their respective offices and personally respond to Facebook messages. Dr. Matthew Weiner's Facebook account is called A Pound Of Cure. Both doctors are bariatric surgeons. Dr. Weiner promotes a plant forward diet and is a nutrition expert, and Dr. Davis promotes a vegan diet. It's no mystery that a plant based diet is the healthiest one on the planet, but after WLS there are added considerations for our bodies to maintain health. Best of luck to you.

Highest weight 208 in 2008 ** VSG 11/27/15 weight 193 ** Current weight 128 ** Goal weight range 100 -110 ** Height - 4'11" ** Age - 49

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/28/15 9:35 am

picture worth a thousand words...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/15 12:10 pm

According to her husband, housekeepers nannies and maids Nigella also does a heck of a lot of coke ... on that note maybe we should all just get high ( jes kidding jes kidding ) .

If I COULD I would post a bodyshot of the braindead but totally ripped and hot longterm vegetarian/vegan animal activist actress who owns the brownstone next door. .who's around 72 but who ( ever so casually) owns the perfect body of a 25 yr old .. a BEAUTIFUL 25 year old ...

Her psychiatrist ex husband literally used to hang himself n the fence between us to do uside-down yoga ... and walked his ( equally brainless also tailless ) cat topless and barefoot on a leash around the block I kid you not . A lot of people thought he was homeless

I remember Gillian. Wasn't she born with an incorrectable serious spinal defect who's co-symptoms are progeria-like ( though milder ) ? I think she's done AMAZING things and I really liked her show which tried very much to help an obese society as opposed to Nigella's which mostly helped herself ...