Me and the old man

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/27/15 4:29 pm, edited 10/27/15 12:24 pm
RNY on 08/05/19
On October 27, 2015 at 10:35 PM Pacific Time, meeow3 wrote:

Can I ask a really stoopid question ( only because the old man stick has been tried in my house ) Why would any man think thats what a woman ( desirable woman ) wants ?

Some women think that men who seek happiness and genuinely enjoy what they do are the most attractive ones of all.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/15 5:12 pm

What was "tried" with the stick??? I made my walking stick when I weighed 400 pounds, promising myself it would get used someday. That was 15 years ago. Two months ago,I had RNY and now when my wife of 17 years is gone to work, and our 13 and 16 year old kids are at school, I walk alone. My wife loves the fact that I treat her like a Queen, and that's what she finds desirable about me. Good luck in your journey.

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/15 4:30 am

Be proud. I am sure your wife is of you. You are setting a great example for your kids to.

Willie H.
on 10/28/15 7:58 am
VSG on 08/26/14

GREAT MAN. KEEP IT GOING AND KEEP US POSTED!! (Sorry for CAPS) Walk those lbs off one by one-we have all been where you are going, as I and others continue to walk where others are at present.

Love to hear how happy you are-I myself am somewhat the same. Like to walk, sing and whistle, enjoy those little things in life. People think I'm crazy when I walk or play golf in the rain but that is what I did when younger and healthy and now can do it again.

As an old father with a young son 8 years old (he thinks I'm 42-but I'm 56) I love to see him enjoy himself not on video games or TV but outside as I watch him use his creativity in the garage or woods to play with sticks, stones or just his imagination as I did when younger.

That is what life is about! So keep walking, keep singing, keep getting healthy! Tops to you! Thank you for your post.

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/15 8:25 am

Thank you for that great post Willie. I am sometimes, (not always, but sometimes) humbled by how many others have conquered their weight problem, and still are positive, happy people. It's nice to be aware that their are kindred souls everywhere out there, all going through these things apart, yet together.

Your journey is an honorable one, and I would gladly count you as a friend. My son is a great source of joy for me also. And we play golf together all the time. We're truly blessed men.

I didn't know what to expect when I signed up for this site. I'm glad I did.

Take it easy.

Chanti_
on 10/28/15 3:38 am - Canada
VSG on 09/24/15 with

Can I ask a really stoopid question ( only because the old man stick has been tried in my house ) Why would any man think thats what a woman ( desirable woman ) wants ?

I'm confused. What?

ladygodiva1228
on 10/28/15 6:39 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

You my dear need some very serious mental help. Do you do drugs?

Your posts make you sound like a self-centered, ignorant, ***** who thinks they are better than anyone else.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/15 4:16 am

I enjoyed reading your post. It is amazing how wonderful you can feel. That is great that you walked three miles. You showed your soul in this post it was open and honest.

Please don't let some of the people who seem like the cheese slid off her cracker stop you from posting.

Keep on sharing. This is a great place to share. It can be a great support system. There are so many who need help and encouragement here. No matter where we are at in our weight loss journey.

If you need help there are so many vets here can help us through a rough time.

Come here for support. Share your NSVs also.