Weight loss vs. inches lost

Tracy D.
on 10/28/15 10:53 am, edited 10/28/15 4:12 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

It'll happen for you! The one thing we can't combat is the shape we were born with. As much as I would love to have a tiny waist it's never going to happen. Even when I was 16 years old and weighed 115 lbs. I never had a waist...just always kind of athletic, boxy shaped.

Time, exercise and weight-loss haven't changed that one little bit. Now I'm just an older version of the athletic, boxy shaped. But it's WAY better than the blimp shape I was at 5'2" and 250 lbs!!!

So try and find pics of when you were at a healthy weight. Did you carry more weight in your hips and thighs even when thin? If yes, then it's going to be the same now, which means those are the areas that you won't see any changes in until the very end.

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

SkinnyScientist
on 10/28/15 11:01 am

My shape changed..My body ate my boobs!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 10/28/15 11:13 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

U 2 funny

Sharon

Chickenboob
on 11/3/15 4:54 pm - Rockland, Canada

Sadly my boobs are going nowhere....I'd gladly give you a D or two.

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

Valerie G.
on 10/28/15 11:34 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

My weight loss came in chunks, and these chunks werent always symmetrical either. Mostly, I lost from the top-down, though.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/15 12:16 pm

This is what I learned in certified personal trainer school ... the further a problem area is from the heart the slower you lose there . So apple shapes lose (and gain back ) very easily ... and pear shapes and heavy legged people have the most difficulty . That said.. its a lot easier to dress and disguise a big butt than a spare tire lol !!

Working out is the key ... if like me you don't like to sweat up and have to wash and style your hair ... try walking or gardening . The activity doesn't have to be intense to tone . I love walking miles watching netflix programs on my i phone ...

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/15 2:11 pm

Sometimes genetics play a part of this. I have a lot of very thin cousins but they have very large hips. I was blessed with a big booty and big boobage. Thank goodness for good underwear and bras.

You are doing great with your weight loss. Sometimes look at the NSVs mor than the scale to. It does help.

sweetpotato1959
on 10/28/15 8:32 pm

My surgeon said I would loose in reverse of the way it was put on...and my first place I noticed was knees, feet, face..w/ abdominal girth...pants were just not as tight.

I lost 60 lbs before I needed to change my size in pants, but had to down size my shoes well before that!

Each person will lose differently, just as we put it on different. I'd go with the comment of skinny scientist, sounds like she had the issue recently, and found something that worked for her... just realize you may need to tweak that plan, to get YOUR ,best results. Don't give up, you will get there!

Pokemom
on 10/29/15 9:12 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

I think two other things that affect the proportionality of inches lost are excess skin and aging.

In my case, regarding excess skin, I think I have lost proportionally in general. But my tummy and thighs have a lot of saggy skin, that add bulk to these areas in disproportion to the other parts of me.

Regarding aging, I don't know how old you are, but I am 51 now. Even before my WLS, I noticed a kind of thinning of my skin...not sure what to call this,,, but just less "good plumpness" (?) in my face and neck. Now that I have had WLS, I have realized that my upper body has this same kind of thing. Just less firmness/fat in those breasts.

Anyhow, FWIW.

p.s. I really like your new avatar photo, Peach.