YouTube blogs?

April Parker
on 10/27/15 11:32 am - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

Are we allowed to post links to our Youtube blogs? I know there are several people that I watch on YouTube that are part of OH. Just wondering :)

Kathy S.
on 10/27/15 11:49 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi April,

We appreciate you asking before posting, Thanks Here is the Terms Of Services from our Terms of Services link on the bottom of the webpage concerning linking to other sites. If you have any other questions please contact us at [email protected]

Linking to other sites

Users agree that the use of the message board and chat rooms is a privilege and not a right. You agree by posting that you will not link to or otherwise engage in any action to entice or pull others from this community. Links and references to websites that are similar to ObesityHelp are considered violations of our Terms of Service and will be removed. The repeated use of such links and references by a member will be cause for an account to be placed on moderation. Use of our PM system to spam or contact members for the purpose of promoting another site may result in a member's PM access to be deactivated. Deactivation of a member's PM access is at the discretion of ObesityHelp.

Examples of acceptable use of personal linking include: links to your personal website, your personal blog, or your personal page that contains educational resource material. All links must not require the user to 'join or register' to access the information being linked to. Any forum, blog, or other website that requires membership or registration to gain access is expressly forbidden to be linked to/from ObesityHelp message boards and chat rooms.

Linking to educational, news, or published material.

Members may desire to support the community by sharing (linking) to educational, news, or other published content on the internet. Such link sharing should only occur for the purpose of support. Any commercial misuse or attempts to repetitively post the URL will be considered a breach of the Terms of Service and the account will be placed on moderation.

Regards,

Kathy

Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

April Parker
on 10/27/15 12:03 pm - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

So, YouTube doesn't require an account to see the videos, but you can sign up if you'd like. Does that mean I still cannot link to YouTube? I don't want to pull away people from here, just to share via video. :)

Kathy S.
on 10/27/15 12:34 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

We ask members not to post the link but you can put it on your profile.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130